Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

they like it for the same reason you like baseball

its ingrained in the culture. they grow up on it. their parents did. everyone else is crazy about it. same "excuse" you give for watching a game on ice where you cant see the puck.

thats the reason i casually follow the world cup, everyone else is so into it. as a sports fan, how does that not get you excited? even if you think soccer is gay (which it kind of is), this event is so big and crosses so many cultures and sociopolitical boundaries. it transcends sports and becomes one of the few if not the only truly global event we have. how is that not awesome.

not paying attention to this, as a sports fan, is almost like shutting yourself off to the rest of the world. in many cases thats not a bad thing, the rest of the world sucks in a lot of areas. but this isnt one of them.

watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhY-IbViJ20

you dont hear that stuff because your team won some friggin championship. 
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

the difference is i can understand why they dont like football or baseball or hockey

whereas soccer fans are blind ignorant clueless chain smoking euros or hideous hipster micro beer drinking animal collective listening american douche cookies who could never fathom why someone wouldnt like their awful sport

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 04, 2010, 12:53:36 PM
whereas soccer fans are blind ignorant clueless chain smoking euros or hideous hipster micro beer drinking animal collective listening american douche cookies who could never fathom why someone wouldnt like their awful sport

what the hell is wrong with you
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

stop beating around the bush and say what you mean igy.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

hbionic

Quote from: Rome on June 03, 2010, 06:55:35 PM
I don't think the U.S. is hated throughout the world in soccer terms.  They boo us because of variety of reasons, some deserved, most not, but our standing as a soccer 'power' isn't one of them.

Sorry...I meant hated as in 'non-soccer' terms. US is in soccer terms is perpetually laughed at. Always.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyPhreak54

Spain
Brazil
Holland
England

That's the consensus down here as to who has a shot to win it. I asked my girl's father, who is a sports journalist down here, about the US and he said that the soccer community doesn't hate them. Its more along the lines of they should be happy to be there because they are not very good.

I am not a soccer lover. But I love watching the World Cup.

MDS

tell him

"esta un maricon y yo tengo ver gotas en la mano todos los dias"

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

do you know what the means or do you just assume that its dirty cause those are the only types of spanish phrases i would know

PhillyPhreak54

I know the words but its meaningless. I asked my girl and she said "tell him it makes no sense and he's a dumbass".

She didn't say the last part....

MDS

haha

it roughly means youre a flag and i have big dicks in my hands all the time

my spanish is clearly awful though

ice grillin you

just got back from an argentinian restaurant/bar....im really trying to get into soccer...like i wanna like it bad...but its is an absolute atrocity...and after being at this place im convinced even soccer fans feel this way as well...no one barely watches the game...theres no excitement whatsoever...i think one time in the two hrs we were there people raised out of their seats...and that was for some weak ass "rush" up the field that ended in absolutely nothing

ill take the dc eagle bar any day over this garbage...that place is off the hook and the eagles play every year not every four

SD

Soccer is the most boring sport on the planet. It's ingrained in countries culture which is why it's so big worldwide. That being said, I'll have USA/England on in the background today.

MDS

it was 1000am you dumb jew

ice grillin you

Quote from: KDS on June 12, 2010, 01:10:38 PM
it was 1000am you dumb jew

oooooooh thats sooooooooooooo early

my ETA for every eagle game is 6am