Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

MDS

didnt take long for the usa to look outclassed on a set piece
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

have the results since the us lost been good or bad for them?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

There's only been one other game that has any impact on the US, and it was good for the US because it was a tie and one of the better Costa Rica players got suspended for the US game.

ice grillin you

that's a shame

are there actual good teams in this tournament or is it that latin America north American Caribbean garbage

QB Eagles

The team that the US lost to is ranked #3 in the world. Four of the top ten teams are in the tournament, and it's one where the teams play for real.

ice grillin you

let me rephrase are there any teams in the tourney not from latin America north America or the Caribbean?

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 05, 2016, 05:53:01 PM
let me rephrase are there any teams in the tourney not from latin America north America or the Caribbean?

no

the only major tournament that the whole world plays in is the world cup. this tournament is mostly a cash grab, but at the same time an opportunity for concacaf and comenbol (the americas) to stage a competition that can rival the european tournament.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Merica.  We need to build a wall to keep all the dumb fargs roaming this country away from the rest of the world.

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2016/06/05/copa-america-uruguay-mexico-wrong-national-anthem-video#
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Colombia looked terrific and the US played with them.  Got very unlucky on the second goal and Jesus does Colombia play nasty physical.  Then they dive like Hoydas which is nauseating but the US dove quite a bit too.

Ironically the women's games are remarkably free of that histrionic shtein which is why they are so much more enjoyable to watch. 

smeags

the farg up on the Uruguay national anthem was nice.  :paranoid
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

watching this argentina/chile match, the usa should just disband its soccer program

they arent remotely close to playing at this level

Don Ho

So farging true!  I hear that god awful "I believe that we will win" chant one more time I'm joining ISIS.

Take in an MSL match.  Like watching D2 college football as opposed to the NFL.  Fun but get real people.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

the hipsters that chant that shtein care way more about the chant than they do the team winning

Rome

No they don't.  But whatever.  I'm not a fan of any of the chants.  To me they're the equivalent of the wave but the AO loyalists are 100% legit.  I've met many of them and I can assure you they are.