Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

It's funny how Europe views the U.S. as such a backwater when it comes to equality, racism, etc. and some, if not most, of that is entirely well-founded, but when it comes to female sports participation and domination of those sports, they don't hold a candle to us. 

This is something to be really proud of as Americans.  It's a shame there's so many neanderthals out there still, but the events of the past week or so indicate there's hope at least.

ice grillin you

not a soul is remembering this three seconds after it ends....it took a chick to strip for anyone to care about 99....im so proud of our country

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 02, 2015, 10:32:18 AM
not a soul is remembering this three seconds after it ends....it took a chick to strip for anyone to care about 99....im so proud of our country

people still remember the wambach goal in 11...and the canada game in the olympics in 12. stop talking about soccer. its painful.

and rome is actually right. england is the birthplace of football and this is essentially the first year their womens team is relevant. germany and france have arrived, but well after japan, china and brazil did. the usa as a nation has extreme issues with equality -- racial, ancestral, gender, sexual orientation -- but one thing we unequivocally have is the best female athletes in the world.

other nations dont value women enough to let them play sports. and im not talking about afghanistan.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

other nations arent rich enough to put money into a national soccer program for women

check real womens rights in advanced western nations and we are embarrassingly behind most

lets give women equal pay before we start jerking each other off

Quote from: MDS on July 02, 2015, 10:42:18 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 02, 2015, 10:32:18 AM

people still remember the wambach goal in 11

lolol....yeah cause she got naked....."show them tits".....be proud

mention the words 2012 olympic womens soccer to the average person on the street and they will respond "theres womens soccer in the olympics?"

Rome

Ugh... For all your liberal protestations you really are a farging Neanderthal at times.

Jesus.

ice grillin you

lol...im a neanderthal but beat them nips!

im not a jingoistic heathen...sorry to ruin your american flag day

it takes a lot of nerve to big up a country that is sickenly behind the times when it comes to how they treat women because we have a good womens soccer team....be proud uncle sam

Rome

I didn't say anything about Nips.  And yes, I'm proud of what my country has produced in this case.

MDS

Quote from: Rome on July 02, 2015, 12:22:41 PM
I didn't say anything about Nips.  And yes, I'm proud of what my country has produced in this case.

youre not allowed to like something he doesnt like
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

Wow. IGY's being totally incoherent. The U.S. isn't the most progressive nation on women therefor no one can enjoy women's soccer or appreciate women's soccer or acknowledge that the U.S. dominates women's sports, let alone be proud of that fact.

Makes perfect sense.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

I love him to death but he could teach a master class on the art of posting non sequiturs on the internet.

rjs246

It isn't non sequiturs so much as an iron clad inability to admit that he's wrong when something runs contrary to his belief structure. He believes down to his core that people only watch women's soccer because Brandy Chastaine took her shirt off one time 16 years ago. He's married that to his belief that the U.S. is backwards on women's issues. He can't undo that marriage and therefor can't understand that people, myself included, genuinely enjoy and appreciate watching the uswnt play. He does it on many topics, but this one just happens to be easily refuted since 12mln people watched the semi final game and no one's shirt came off.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

I watch with my teenage daughter who is more excited about this than any sporting event she's ever watched.   Experiencing this with her is the best part of it for me.   Her generation is so farging cool and detached it's nice to see some genuine emotion from her.

hbionic

I watched it, my shirt was already off...because you know...it was hot and my tits were sweaty. Good game!
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

again....white people are the best

it's usually race and class ...in this case it's race class soccer lacrosse and the flag (and for romey golf too)

be proud and happy 4th guys

MDS

dont ever change, kiddo