Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

They're not getting smacked.  Nothing is going to happen to them.  Nothing.  This is political grandstanding at its worst.  It's a huge waste of time, money, effort, and investigative resources.

I agree that it would be nice if FIFA got torpedoed but there's simply too much money and power for them to be seriously hurt by this.  The USDOJ and specifically the FBI are the equivalent of ants at a picnic.

And IGY's right about the Qatar situation.  For every VIP seat in the stadiums that are being built there, two migrant workers will die.  That is farging appalling and no one gives a shtein.    But hey, some dipshtein made a few bucks for influencing where a tournament was played, so let's roast him alive!

MDS

yea im on it

if the dudes they arrested rat on sepp and that vile funhole gets got i will gladly cut the govt a check big enough to hire 100 more igy's to steal from it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on May 27, 2015, 11:23:52 PM
if the dudes they arrested rat on sepp and that vile funhole gets got i will gladly cut the govt a check big enough to hire 100 more igy's to steal from it

They don't dare touch the godfather.

The closest they will come is what they did... wipe out a bunch of his lieutenants right before the FIFA presidential election.

smeags

QuoteFIFA President Sepp Blatter, facing criticism before a re-election vote, says "more bad news may follow" after U.S. authorities indicted 14 people in a corruption scandal at soccer's governing body.

"We, or I, cannot monitor everyone all of the time," Blatter said at the opening of FIFA's 65th Congress in Switzerland. "It is necessary to begin to restore trust in our organization. Let this be the turning point."

A spokesman for the attorney general's office in Switzerland, where the bids for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups are under investigation, told CNN that Blatter would be interviewed if needed.

smeags

QuoteAmid a corruption scandal, FIFA, the international governing body of soccer, re-elected President Sepp Blatter today.

Blatter beat his only challenger, Jordan's Prince Ali bin al-Hussein.

Blatter's re-election to the position he has held for 17 years comes as Swiss authorities are investigating the 2018 and 2022 World Cup bids, while a U.S. investigation has led to the arrest of leading FIFA officials on corruption charges.

:-D 

MDS

not shocking at all....this is what happens when the first-world vote counts as much as the corrupt african vote, the madlives vote, the oceaniac vote. its a farce.

its time for uefa, the usa, japan, s korea, etc. to break away from fifa. fifa cannot survive without them.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

you're dead on with that but is it realistic at this point ? maybe these indictments are the turning point.

ice grillin you

its hilarious how racist soccer fans are yet the head of fifa loves himself some dark countries
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: smeags on May 29, 2015, 01:48:07 PM
you're dead on with that but is it realistic at this point ? maybe these indictments are the turning point.

it can be done, but its seriously unlikely. money talks, though.

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 29, 2015, 01:49:29 PM
its hilarious how racist soccer fans are yet the head of fifa loves himself some dark countries

sepp's base is the poor countries because he funnels their leadership bribe development money in exchange for their votes. fifa has seen outrageous profits and that money is dispersed equally, even though a country like tuvalu doesnt contribute anything to world football while usa, argentina, germany, etc. make bundles of cash. and there's a ton more tiny poor nations than first-world western behemoths.

Rome

If American companies and American television networks start turning their backs on FIFA, you'll be amazed at just how quickly things change.    They're all incestuous whores who couldn't care less about anything but lining their pockets with the billions in profits that roll in, though.  Nothing will change because it's bad for business.

MDS

you could stop watching and giving the whores your money

it starts with us and we're patsies

Rome

I detest the way the NFL conducts its business.  They're worse than mafia pimps.  But I watch because I'm too farging old and set in my ways to change.    Same goes for soccer, golf, network television and even the movie industry.  Every facet of the entertainment industry is run by literally the worst people on the planet.  They're evil, amoral, pandering, greedy farging slobs, the lot of 'em, but again, at this point, it's a lost cause for me.   I will say that if the Goodells and Blatters of the world got tossed into incinerators, I'd barely notice, but I'd take a second to smile over it.   So there's that...

smeags