Week Six - 2016

Started by PhillyPhreak54, October 13, 2016, 08:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

maybe because people are over reactionary morons to fake social media outrage. bad calls are a part of sports, have been, always will be. the only reason youre making a big deal of it because it was all over twitter.

its not defending it, its just a fact of life. and there is no absolutely no evidence to suggest than poor officiating is the reason for a ratings drop. its likely due to the election and a decrease in cable subscriptions. but thats not as fun a narrative as DURRRR da refs is bad DURRRR
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 16, 2016, 08:16:42 PM
I mean look at igy - he'd rather watch cricket than NFL. People are losing interest. And that is a contributing factor.

lol....thats not exactly true but it is a far inferior product to what it used to be back in the day....the refs are beyond awful and its def a part of what makes the games mostly a joke but its the direction from the league office on the rules and the way the refs are supposed to enforce the rules that is the problem...per usual the owners and especially goodell are despicable idiots who can and will do anything the please because the vile brain dead fans of the nfl will continue to follow their fantasy teams no matter what
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 16, 2016, 08:25:32 PM
I mean look at igy - he'd rather watch cricket than NFL. People are losing interest. And that is a contributing factor.

lol....thats not exactly true but it is a far inferior product to what it used to be back in the day....the refs are beyond awful and its def a part of what makes the games mostly a joke but its the direction from the league office on the rules and the way the refs are supposed to enforce the rules that is the problem...per usual the owners and especially goodell are despicable idiots who can and will do anything the please because the vile brain dead fans of the nfl will continue to follow their fantasy teams no matter what

For sure. The fact these fargs complicate the rules even more rather than simplify them is ridiculous. The catch rule doesn't need tha Pythagorean theorem to discern whether someone caught a farging ball.

Ball in hands and two feet down. farg the football move and omg it bobbled a half an inch.

Same with the defensive backs not being allowed to defend. Grazed the receivers jersey? Flag!

But they don't call it consistently. Why? No accountability. Led by Goodell and the money grubbing owners who don't give a farg since they're raking cash in.

But let lil guy tell it and he spins some story about faux social media outrage and Twitter. Anyone with half a brain who watches games and has done so for a long time knows what's up.

MDS

what is it, a conspiracy? the game is the game. but in 2016 theres twitter, hd, slow mo replay and a 24 hour news cycle that turns these things into bigger deals than they are.

in 1996 there were missed PIs and PIs called that werent. omg. who cares.

if you want to complain about goodell go for it, hes a disaster, but it doesnt really mean or account for anything.you are chief complainer number 1 and you dont miss a game or a betting cycle. you are the pawn in their game.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 16, 2016, 08:31:42 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 16, 2016, 08:25:32 PM

For sure. The fact these fargs complicate the rules even more rather than simplify them is ridiculous. The catch rule doesn't need tha Pythagorean theorem to discern whether someone caught a farging ball.

Ball in hands and two feet down. farg the football move and omg it bobbled a half an inch.

Same with the defensive backs not being allowed to defend. Grazed the receivers jersey? Flag!

But they don't call it consistently. Why? No accountability. Led by Goodell and the money grubbing owners who don't give a farg since they're raking cash in.

But let lil guy tell it and he spins some story about faux social media outrage and Twitter. Anyone with half a brain who watches games and has done so for a long time knows what's up.

i agree with him that this all has nothing to do with lower viewership...most nfl fans are too dumb or dont care enough to see intricacies of the game like this....if anything they love more offense cause of fantasy

i dont agree with him in that he thinks its a great game right now and better than its ever been just because its tv ratings are better

General_Failure

NFL ratings plunge could spell doom for traditional TV

QuoteNetwork executives have long used the National Football League's live games as a last line of defense against the rapid growth of "cord-cutting" and on-demand viewing upending the industry.

But now, the NFL is seeing its ratings tumble in the same way that the Olympics, awards shows and other live events have, falling more than 10 percent for the first five weeks of the season compared with the first five weeks of last season. A continued slide, executives say, could pose an even bigger danger: If football can't survive the new age of TV, what can?

Football's traditional TV audience "is never going to be what it was again," said Brian Hughes, a senior vice president at Magna Global, which tracks audience and advertising trends.

The explosion of modern entertainment options, offered on more devices and at any time, has splintered American audiences and sped TV's decline, Hughes said. "Sports seemed to be immune from it — it was live, the last bastion of broadcast television. But [the world] has caught up to it now."

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

and that's the thing - the ratings are taking a hit.

Why? Overexposure is one reason IMO. Lousy games. Inability to flex out of any game. Who wants to see the Bears again in prime time? Do they really have to have Thursday nights? Nope.

I believe lousy on field product which includes the officiating is also a reason.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on October 16, 2016, 08:35:29 PM
what is it, a conspiracy? the game is the game. but in 2016 theres twitter, hd, slow mo replay and a 24 hour news cycle that turns these things into bigger deals than they are.

if you want to complain about goodell go for it, hes a disaster, but it doesnt really mean or account for anything.you are chief complainer number 1 and you dont miss a game or a betting cycle. you are the pawn in their game.

every sport has to deal with twitter hd slo mo and the same news cycle...some are better now nba and mlb and some are worse nhl and nfl...those things has nothing to do with the quality of the sport

PhillyPhreak54

You're right I don't miss games. I like football. And that's why I'm pissed because it could be so much better but they ignore obvious fixed in the name of a couple more bucks.

How about the NFL stopping the teams from using video clips?! Asinine.

General_Failure

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 16, 2016, 08:40:29 PM

every sport has to deal with twitter hd slo mo and the same news cycle...some are better now nba and mlb and some are worse nhl and nfl...that has nothig to do with the quality of the sport

There definitely aren't enough good players for a 32 team league, though.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: General_Failure on October 16, 2016, 08:41:07 PM

Same as in baseball. You've got guys who shouldn't be in the league...in the league.

Packers corners today? Not NFL players. But they're there. Which brings me to another bitch...not allowing the roster to be fully used. Why make 7 inactive every week?

QB Eagles

Don't worry, I'm sure the clash of horrible AFC South teams tonight will do wonders for the primetime season ratings.

General_Failure

When your grandchildren ask about the fall of the NFL, you can just play them this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkFofa0tWn4

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on October 16, 2016, 08:41:07 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 16, 2016, 08:40:29 PM

every sport has to deal with twitter hd slo mo and the same news cycle...some are better now nba and mlb and some are worse nhl and nfl...that has nothig to do with the quality of the sport

this is true...nfl is strictly a usa sport...all the other sports can roam different parts of the world to farm for talent....so when they expand they dont get hurt as much...its only going to get worse too as the violence/concussion stuff catches up

General_Failure

The Minecraft kids probably aren't playing as much as previous generations did, so that's not gonna help either.