Billy McMullen? Seriously?

Started by Tomahawk, July 11, 2005, 02:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

I don't think I'll be drafting him, and I'm one of the bigger homers around.

From an article discussing possible worthwhile third year wideouts on nfl.com

QuoteNotables: Sam Aiken, Buffalo; Talman Gardner, New Orleans; Bethel Johnson, New England; Adrian Madise, Denver; Billy McMullen, Philadelphia; Willie Ponder, N.Y. Giants; David Tyree, N.Y. Giants; Bobby Wade, Chicago.

PhillyPhreak54

A sleeper for sure.

If he gets his confidence then he could do something. I'm not as down on him as some are. It'll be his 3rd year in the system and he has the size to be a red-zone force. Especially since TO is up in the air and they no longer have Chad Lewis to look to in the red zone.

Mad-Lad

he's definitely not going to be a Fantasy Football "steal".  You'll wind up being the "eagles fan homer" if you have him on your bench.

wait.   are you in the same fantasy league (CFLFFL AFC) as me?  If so, he's gonna be a huge steal in the 4th round.  I'd definitely rank him high on your list.

Diomedes

Look the names on that list.  I'll go on record now by saying that not one of those dudes will have more than 15 catches this year, unless injury promotes them to starter.  Willie Ponder?!?  Uhm...yeah.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MURP

the notables are notable for sucking. ;)  they didnt make the top 15 third year WR's on the list in your link.