NCAA bans Indian mascots

Started by PhillyGirl, August 05, 2005, 02:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

Gotta love partial political correctness...

rjs246

I wish the Patriots would ban their mascot. How dare they have a white dude with a gun and tri-cornered cap representing their athletic team. I am horribly offended.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MURP

QuoteRuling applies only to teams in postseason events

:-D

Wingspan

they should all just go with gay mascots, like the phanatic, or that retared 6ers bunny
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

MURP

PhillyPhreak54

BigEd76

If Jacksonville makes the tourney, I'm bringing a dolphin to the game.  Screw it.  The NCAA is lucky they don't have any teams with a giant panda....  :poison

General_Failure

So you heard about the dolphin dating service too?

The man. The myth. The legend.

WEST is GOD

They can't just give the league a rule and then just take it back. What are they, indian givers?
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

Rome

The Seminoles are coming out with both barrels blazing on this issue.

farging NCAA idiots are going to get humbled by that bunch of pissed off rednecks.  I guaran-damn-tee ya.   ;D

Who Dey

Hell, they made Miami (Ohio) change their mascots a few years back from the taterskins to RedHawks.

Braves and Chiefs sound cool.

Indians is eh....

taterskins is borderline racist.

BigEd76

Rome

Update...

Florida State granted exemption from the NCAA for use of the Seminoles name.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2141197

:-D

Basically, the NCAA knuckled under after Florida State threatened to sue their ever-living balls off over the issue.

I wonder how many other special exemptions will be granted now that the precedent has been set?

:evil