2018 Flyers: They'll Still Suck

Started by Geowhizzer, July 01, 2018, 12:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 16, 2018, 07:44:09 PM
btwn the phillies and the flyers philly might have the two most boring teams in all of sports

What, blowing that 3 goal lead wasn't exciting?

Geowhizzer

Does Hakstol make it to the new year?  I'm starting to be doubtful.

Heck, it may be soon the way they're circling the drain right now.

ice grillin you

did halloween and nye switch months?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

hakstol went off on the team in the media yesterday which is completely out of character for him and this is how the team responds....looks like they want him gone too

if hextall isnt in the locker room with walking papers when they get off the ice then get rid of him as well

QB Eagles

Philly sports was good for a few months.

Now we're back to this shtein.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 27, 2018, 03:26:33 PM

if hextall isnt in the locker room with walking papers when they get off the ice then get rid of him as well

They need to clean house. Hextall's had 4 years. They need to stop hiring members from the Flyers good ole boys club.

ice grillin you

if you are going to allow a rebuild in hockey then four years is like four days in hockey because players take forever

hextall has done all the rights in a rebuild...at least until we see all of his players...problem is he has been too hands off in letting hakstall not play them or play them for a game then bench them...and who knows if and/or how much his system and coaching has held them back

you cant grade hextall until all the young guys develop or dont develop

if hextall was hired to turn the team around quickly then he should be gone but that clearly wasnt the case

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 27, 2018, 02:19:06 PM
did halloween and nye switch months?

At the beginning of the season I thought he'd get the whole year.  I just didn't think they'd play this heartless.

ice grillin you

i dont even think they are heartless....they just arent ready to win now....they have an almost lethal combo of terrible veterans and inexperienced youngsters...throw in bad coaching and you have a terrible team

hak is really bad and lappy is an embarrassment...but even replacing them wont make this a good team....just a better one

Rome

Hakstol has lost this group but it's really not his fault because the group itself is a giant turd sandwich. 

Geowhizzer

CSNPhilly had an article on the Blackhawks firing Joel Quenneville.  Buried in the story is this telling line:

QuoteFlyers general manager Ron Hextall is a patient dude and Hakstol is his guy. With Quenneville fired, Hakstol now is the fourth-longest tenured head coach in the NHL. You read that right.

Holy smoke.

SD

Geowhizzer

Quote from: AO1 on November 10, 2018, 03:34:38 PM
They quietly keep winning

The first goal by Couturier was impressive.

SD

Coming back from 4 goals down in the 3rd and losing in OT is probably the most Flyer thing ever

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on November 17, 2018, 03:49:38 PM
Coming back from 4 goals down in the 3rd and losing in OT is probably the most Flyer thing ever

More than keep winning?