The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

he had forsberg going to vancouver yesterday
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 04, 2005, 12:02:48 PM
He had Forsberg to Philly and that one ended up true...

He had Neidermayer going to Anaheim and that one ended up true...

Ed, you're wrong. EKlund didn't break that news.

It was broken by KGME in Phoenix when they went on the air at 1pm PST (4pm EST). Eklund is trying to take credit for it, but it was already on the news in Phoenix before he ever even posted it.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

nevermind
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

QuoteWith veteran defenceman Scott Niedermayer off to Anaheim, New Jersey Devils general manager Lou Lamoreillo wasted no time working on his blueline, signing unrestricted free agents Brian Rafalski, Vladimir Malakhov and Dan McGillis.

Barf.

McGillis has been one of my favorite players for years and now he is going to don a Devils sweater.

PoopyfaceMcGee

BigEd76

PhillyGirl

NGM

Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

PhillyGirl

BigEd76

Seabiscuit36

Nashville might end up with a pretty good team.  Both them and Columbus have done a good job so far in the salary cap era
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

Father Demon

WOW!!

Bertuzzi Reinstated

QuoteLeague reinstates Bertuzzi for start of season

Vancouver Canucks forward Todd Bertuzzi, who had been suspended indefinitely by the National Hockey League on March 8, 2004 for a blind-side punch that injured Colorado Avalanche forward Steve Moore, has been reinstated for the start of the 2005-06 season, the League announced today.

Bertuzzi had been suspended for the remainder of the 2003-04 season, including the final 13 regular-season games plus the entire 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs. 

He remained suspended throughout the 2004-05 cancelled season, in which the suspension barred Bertuzzi from participating in the 2004 World Cup of Hockey and both the 2004 and 2005 IIHF World Championships, as well as preventing him from playing in any European professional league. 

Bertuzzi forfeited a total of $501,926.39 in salary as a result of his suspension.

I didn't think this would happen....
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

rjs246

It makes sense. The league is in trouble and they need their best players on the ice. I'm sure they don't like it, but they need all the help they can get.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Bertuzzi vs. Brashear death match coming soon.