Who to start / General Fantasy Football thread 2012

Started by Diomedes, August 18, 2012, 07:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

My first draft is today.

Why am I in a league that drafts before all of the important injuries and roster decisions have been made, you might ask?  Because not every lay is Raquel Welch, that's why.

$25 dollar yahoo league, which I won last year, my first time in it.  It was not a pay-up-front league, and when I won, I put the screws to the commish.  He's a man, so he paid me but he never got paid by everyone, so this year we've all paid in up front.  I will be repeating.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

Neato. Have any questions, or do you have this shtein, like, DOWN?

Diomedes

Is there any reason not to draft Victor Cruz over Larry Fitzgerald?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

I'd still choose Fitz just because even with terrible QB's he's still gotten his the last two years.

I've somehow ended up in 4 leaguesn ow this year....my two main keeper leagues for $50 a pop, a co-manager spot with a friend from one of those leagues in a $200 league he does, and then another league with another group of friends that I'm not sure is for any money yet. And a suicide league.

farg me.

Got 10th pick out of 12 teams, as 2 time returning champion in one of the $50 leagues tonight. I kept Maclin and Antonio Brown. Should I go AP and Charles my first two picks if they're there? two guys coming off knee injuries, but the return could be huge. I was thinknig maybe going Charles and Vick 1-2....
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Munson

12 team keeper league, .5 points per reception. Only get to keep two guys

QB-Matt Schaub
RB-Jamaal Charles
RB-Maurice Jones-Drew
WR-Jeremy Maclin (k)
WR-Antonio Brown (k)
WR/RB-Brandon Lloyd
TE-Jacob Tamme

D/ST-Jets
K-Matt Bryant

Bench-Stevan Ridley
Bench-Robert Meachem
Bench-Reggie Wayne
Bency-Jay Cutler
Bench-Danny Amendola
Bench-Rashad Jennings

Taking a chance with Charles/MJD...kinda had to though. They were more or less the best guys available when I picked.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SunMo

my brother's espn draft was last night and he asked me to draft for him since he was on plane to ireland.

7th pick, non ppr, 4 pts for qb td, 6 for the rest.

7   LeSean McCoy, Phi RB 
18   Andre Johnson, Hou WR 
31   Julio Jones, Atl WR 
42   Ahmad Bradshaw, NYG RB 
55   Dwayne Bowe, KC WR 
66   Philip Rivers, SD QB 
79   Kevin Smith, Det RB 
90   Isaac Redman, Pit RB 
103   Brandon Pettigrew, Det TE 
114   Rueben Randle, NYG WR 
127   Mike Williams, TB WR 
138   Joe Flacco, Bal QB 
151   Garrett Hartley, NO K 
162   Seahawks D/ST D/ST 
175   Jermaine Gresham, Cin TE 
186   Bernard Pierce, Bal RB 
199   Kevin Walter, Hou WR 

i think i did pretty good for him.  i couldn't believe shady was available at 7th pick but i guess non ppr reduces his value somewhat.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i never understood the 4 pts for a td.....why doesnt espn just adjust the yardage for rb and wr to equal the scoring out...a farging td in football should be 6 pts
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

I think you did well, too, SunMo.

Is your brother happy?

PoopyfaceMcGee

SunMo

1. Chris Johnson (Ten - RB)
2. Matthew Stafford (Det - QB)
3. Wes Welker (NE - WR)
4. Marques Colston (NO - WR)
5. Ahmad Bradshaw (NYG - RB)
6. Antonio Brown (Pit - WR)
7. Vincent Jackson (TB - WR)
8. Tony Gonzalez (Atl - TE)
9. Jonathan Stewart (Car - RB)
10. Shonn Greene (NYJ - RB)
11. Pierre Thomas (NO - RB)
12. Joe Flacco (Bal - QB)
13. New York (NYJ - DEF)
14. Jared Cook (Ten - TE)
15. Garrett Hartley (NO - K)

10 team mock draft i did.

i immediately regretted taking cj when forte and ap were still on the board. 

Diomedes

You like Joe Flacco and Ahmad Bradshaw too much I think.  Hartley is another one you've now drafted twice, but I like him too:  dome kicker on high scoring team.

SunMo

the reason i like them is that they drop further than I think they should.  i need to read up on bradshaw's competition for carries on the giants but with jacobs gone he should have more carries, especially on the goalline. 

shorebird

Quote from: Munson on August 19, 2012, 01:50:55 AM
Taking a chance with MJD

I drafted him in my second league last night. He was there in the 4th round, and I said WTF. Something has to give with him in the next week, I would think.