Week Seven - 2016

Started by PhillyPhreak54, October 20, 2016, 08:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Packers vs Bears tonight

It'll be interesting to see if Rodgers still looks like he's playing while stoned. Lacy is out and they traded to Knile Davis but he just got there so who runs the ball? A FB and a WR that's who.

Maybe the Bears listen to Alshon and "score farging touchdowns"

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Packers and Bears, do you really want to?

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Diomedes on October 20, 2016, 08:31:38 PM
Can I see this one or not?

I'm gonna let you figure this one out

PhillyPhreak54

Matt Barkley is about to come in

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

It's like playing a scratch off with the tv remote...maybe you'll win

QB Eagles

I think the NFL should cancel Thursday Night Football after this game and admit it's not working out.

PhillyPhreak54

Yep. It's pretty awful.

So are the officials. Flags galore

MDS

they need to find better teams to put on the national games

they are getting super unlucky this year with all these bears games

also the packers are trash, that doesnt help
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Also these mid-week games seem to be injuring more guys, and the teams seem even less prepared than Vaitai. Put some good teams on TNF and maybe they won't be that good.

PhillyPhreak54

But they're shoving Tenny vs JAX down outlet throats again next Thursday

Probably in smurf blue vs baby shtein yellow uniforms too

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

theyre not shoving anything down your throat....theyre airing a game that you as a free american can watch or not watch. its actually a good idea to put those trash teams together than have them pollute 2 different games.

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 20, 2016, 09:44:36 PM
Also these mid-week games seem to be injuring more guys, and the teams seem even less prepared than Vaitai. Put some good teams on TNF and maybe they won't be that good.

i dont disagree that the tnf thing isnt great, but the alternatives are
1. get rid of it and place these 15 games on sunday afternoon where nobody will see them. for better or for worse, this is football that you wouldnt otherwise be able to see
2. give teams a bye week before. would improve the product, but would hurt the sunday cards for cbs and fox and make scheduling much more difficult.

a good compromise IMO would be increasing saturday games, specifically late in the season as not to compete with cfb, adding 930 london games and limiting thursday games to early in the season (when bodies are fresher). that would keep the same amount of national tv games as is current and prevent consistent national tnf games that are subpar.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54