Week One - 2016

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 08, 2016, 08:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

It's all good. The NFL says that the independent brain Dr and the team physician  watched video replay and said that Cam showed no signs of a concussion.

QuoteThere was communication between medical personnel on the Carolina sideline, including the unaffiliated neurotrama consultant, and the two independent certified athletic trainer spotters in the booth. During stoppage in play while on-field officials were in the process of administrating penalties, the unaffiliated neurotrama consultant and team physician requested video from the spotters and reviewed the play. They concluded there were no indications of a concussion that would require further evaluation and the removal of the player from the game.

The advancements in science and medicine are farging amazing. Apparently you can diagnose (or rule out) a concussion without even examining someone. What a great time to be alive.

QB Eagles

It's been scientifically proven that a star QB physically cannot suffer a concussion on a potential game winning drive on national TV.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

They missed a lot but one thing I think all of the Internet neurosurgeons forget

Watching in slow motion replay is way different than officiating in real time

And I'm no fan of the officials because they suck...but while some were legit missed calls other times, judging by the squawking from the media folks today across all formats, you'd think that every time a helmet touches another helmet a flag should be thrown

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 09, 2016, 07:46:13 PM
you'd think that every time a helmet touches another helmet a flag should be thrown

i wouldnt just throw a flag id kick the guy out of the game like they do in college....its amazing how much that rule has eliminated helmet to helmet hits in cfb
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

And it's stupid in college because a lot of times they eject dudes who don't deserve it

Heads are gonna bang.

Flag and eject the egregious offenders.

ice grillin you

if heads are going to bang then just cancel football...thats such a neanderthal cop out...how about go all out to make sure heads dont bang

people are literally dying from hits to the head not to mention having their lives ruined to mush

they rarely if ever kick someone out who didnt deserve it...there should be a no tolerance policy...cfb as usual does it right...they even have a replay system for it since the punishment is so harsh they make sure they get it right...and since they got extra punitive the worst head hits have all but disappeared from the sport

ill easily take the tiny sample size of someone erronously getting kicked out of a game if it means eliminating head shots

PhillyPhreak54

I mean even without helmets heads are gonna bang.

I'm all for making it safer and all that but every single incident of ones helmet touching another doesn't need to be flagged.

Tell me how to stop heads from knocking?

And you've got a very - dare I say - homer like or pollyannish view on CFB. You watch as much if not more than I do and you know damn well that targeting rule is shtein. That's not to say it isn't useful because the ones who legit do it deserve to be ejected. But they throw people out for shtein when shoulders hit heads.

ice grillin you

im not saying it has never happened but i honestly have never seen someone in college get ejected for hitting someone in the shoulders....they review all the ejection hits to get them right...ive seen many reversed but never seen one go the other way where the defenders helmet didnt hit the offenders facemask or helmet

i have seen a few where the initial contact strikes the chest or shoulder and the helmet rode up into the offensive players head and they kicked the guy out....some of those are arguable...but again ill take an ejection on one of those if it means the most vicious of head shots have essentially been elimanted...if you notice its to the point now where you rarely even see a hit reviewed anymore....players and coaches have definitely adjusted...its honestly one of the best rules in a long time

General_Failure

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 09, 2016, 10:25:22 PM
Tell me how to stop heads from knocking?

Take away the pads and helmets.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 09, 2016, 10:31:42 PM
if you notice its to the point now where you rarely even see a hit reviewed anymore....

lol and just as i say that ville safety ejected

PhillyPhreak54

See that was targeting and he deserved the ejection.

What you said about the head riding up the shoulder pads is kinda what I'm referring to when heads are gonna bump. Another thing is if a defender shoots for the strike zone and the ball carrier dips down and initiates.

Even without helmets and pads heads would bump and people would get concussed.

The game is too fast for guys to adjust on the fly sometimes

ice grillin you

cfb accounts for adjusting on the fly.....thats why the rule is called targeting...if the replay shows a CB was going for the wr's waist and the S knocks the wr off course so that the CB hits the WR in the head then it will be reversed

PhillyPhreak54

Right

But in the NFL it ain't happening and the refs are calling helmet to helmet on something like that

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 09, 2016, 10:58:57 PM
But in the NFL it ain't happening

the goodell hiring plus the absolute explosion of the nfl on all fronts over the last tean years that has made the owners feel invincible has made the league a farging joke on almost every possible level