Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

in 5 years, after theyve won 5 world series, we're going to look back on these 2 wins over the nationals as the reason why it happened
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

thankfully you never hyperbole on here.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

phillies mets in the little league classic next year....probably be real tough but im definitely trying to get tickets....throw back butters should be fantastic too
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

I will trying as well but if goes like this year's, the teams and local baseball organizations get first dibs and then there was a lottery for local fans I believe.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

they were saying theres 2500 tickets and it mostly goes to llws people. gotta be a limited secondary market if one exists at all.

also last year they wore the players week jerseys for this game...the one with the nicknames on them.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

mackanin OUT

they are keeping around as a "special assistant to the gm" so he can collect a paycheck. frankly hes been watching some bad baseball for the better part of 5 years so its well deserved.

i thought they were going to keep him in 18 and then get a real manager in 19 but this is a sign things are gonna get real.

ice grillin you

you knew that was happening when he said the other day out loud that he hasnt been told if hes coming back

Rome

ice grillin you

no one will speak it but Hoskins has been pretty awful in September

this is why he has to do it for a full year to avoid being HOF hoskins

ice grillin you

broken record time but holy shtein are the mets announcers awesome

I swear they know more about the phils than the phils announcers

ice grillin you

I hate to put any emphasis on august and sept meaningless games but man has the bullpen been good for the better part of two months

MDS

hoskins has some interesting aug/sept splits

79 AB in both
aug - 24 h, 2 2b, 11 hr, 25 bi, 12 bb, 14 k, 304/402/747
sept - 18 h, 5 2b, 7 hr, 22 bi, 23 bb, 28 k 228/406/557

but since sept 14: 6 h, 0 hr, 2 2b, 9 bb, 15 k. on that date he had a 314/442/805 slash line which is simply absurd. this was unsustainable even for a very good player. trout is at 306/444/622 and hoskins is not better than mike trout.

theres enough there to tell me hoskins is going to be good but how good is a damn good question. good.

ice grillin you

he's salt of the earth white so at minimum he's going to be good

he has such a high floor because of attitude and respect for the game

MDS

instead of bringing pretzels to the next tailgate im going to bring you a therapist

ice grillin you

you didn't bring pretzels to the last tailgate and probably never intended to