Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Jesus they're killing it

Hoskins again

Rome

They are wearing the fishes out. 

SD

I'm excited as anyone about what Hoskins is doing, but next year will be more telling. The league will have a book on him, we'll get a better barometer of what type of player we're dealing with. I'm tempering my expectations. 25-30 HRs next season is realistic.

MDS

well hes on pace to hit 83 during a 162 game season, so that doesnt seem possible

gary sanchez came up last year and raked at a historic clip. 281/349/544 this year with 31 bombs. rhys is a more selective hitter than him, but that is reasonable and doable.

2019 will be the start of machado/hoskins and it will be ON
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on September 15, 2017, 09:21:55 AM
rhys is a more selective hitter

to this point nick williams and alfaro are the ones you have to watch out for as far as massive regression....hoskins plate discipline should always have him ok
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

alfaro 26 k to 2 bb is a farce. that is unsustainable. but the offensive expectations are a lot low for a catcher than a corner outfielder, so if alfaro can hit 20 homers, get to 250 average wise and have what he does hit go for extra bases...you can live.

nick williams has 77 ks in 67 games. 11 walks. there will be a come down from this and it will not be pretty.

also:
hoskins - 26 bb
joseph 33 bb
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Williams has a nice swing and drives the ball to all fields.  Your ridiculous stat nerd bullshtein is stupid.  Please shut the farg up. 

ice grillin you

walk to k ratio might be the number one indicator of future success for young players

MDS

Quote from: Rome on September 15, 2017, 12:29:27 PM
Williams has a nice swing and drives the ball to all fields.  Your ridiculous stat nerd bullshtein is stupid.  Please shut the farg up.

please find me a good player with that kind of bb/k ratio

Rome

He has 17 walks.  His OPS is .855.  Extrapolated out to 162 games, he'd have 41 walks, 34 doubles, 10 triples, 24 HR's and 116 RBI.

But yes, BB to K ratio is much more important because no one strikes out a lot. 

Clown. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on September 15, 2017, 02:05:26 PM
Extrapolated out to 162 games, he'd have 41 walks, 34 doubles, 10 triples, 24 HR's and 116 RBI. 

this is dumb....because like hes never played a full season

sample size son

MDS

is romey serious with this or is he just bored at work on a friday and on a troll binge

surely a seemingly educated, intelligent person like romey is aware that less than 2 months of games doesnt....

Eagles_Legendz

I find it odd when otherwise very liberal people yell at clouds for sports stats. 

ice grillin you

romey makes me look like seamhead which is hard to do

Rome

If Williams produced at the level he has for an entire season, he'd be a legit ROY candidate.  That's what an extrapolation illustrates.  And 257 at-bats isn't a small sample size. 

But if it makes you feel better to hate another young Philly athlete, have at it.