Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Is Freddy Galvis even in the major leagues by the time this team is competitive again?

Holy shtein trade him if anyone is willing to part with a front line prospect. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on July 31, 2017, 08:58:57 AM
Is Freddy Galvis even in the major leagues by the time this team is competitive again?

Holy shtein trade him if anyone is willing to part with a front line prospect.

Loaded question.  We're all going to be dead by the time the Phils are competitive.

Galvis had worked himself into an average hitting and a superior fielding shortstop.   He'd be worth something in a trade, but is still young enough to be a part of the rebuild.

Rome

Then trade Crawford.  There's no use keeping him if Galvis is your future SS.  I don't buy Galvis as a starter on a World Series contender, and that's what they should be looking for, especially right now. 

MDS

brandon crawford when the giants won the world series

12: 4 hr, 653 ops
14: 10 hr, 713 ops

freddy this year: 11 hr, 732 ops

you can win, quite easily, with a gold glove ss putting up respectable offensive numbers.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

I'm pretty sure slap hitting Pedro Feliz was delivering less offense (and definitely less power) as a 3B in 2008 than what Galvis is doing out of SS this year.

He's good. Definitely tradable for the right price, but good. Hopefully the Phillies don't manage to turn two potential SS assets into zero good shortstops.

Rome

That's exactly what I'm concerned about. 

ice grillin you

odubel absolutely crushed that.....what a gorgeous easy swing
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Franco too, wasn't easy swing but shtein did he launch that.

And farg Neris already.  What a POS.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

to be fair to neris that was his fourth inning in the last three days....hes thrown a ton of pitches and still survived
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: Rome on July 31, 2017, 12:34:02 PM

youre concerned about having a good shortstop?

you do realize not every single player on the team is going to be an all star.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

joey benoit goes to shteintsburgh for a A ball relief pitcher

klentak doing DEALS

Geowhizzer

Clearwater is going to be STACKED.  :-D

MDS

ben revere hitting 6th for the angels, who also have mike trout

the phillies arent in that bad a spot folks

MDS

mark lieter vs. pujols: 1-3, 2b, k
mark lieter jr vs. pujols: 1-1, hr, 3 bi

Rome

Quote from: MDS on July 31, 2017, 04:09:28 PM
Quote from: Rome on July 31, 2017, 12:34:02 PM

youre concerned about having a good shortstop?

you do realize not every single player on the team is going to be an all star.

Say what??