Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

im talking about the old greys with the p and number on the front

not a big fan of the 'phillies' greys but i dont think they are terrible
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Rome

The powder blues are almost as perfect as it gets.  The tough guys in the 70's hated them, but they mostly choked anyway, so farg them bitches. 

I still wear my maroon cap.  I have several of the cotton slouch variety. 

MDS

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 17, 2017, 03:49:48 PM
MDS, what's the word on Nick Fanti?  Apparently he's damn near unhittable in Lakewood.

his stats are great. 94 strikeouts. 17 walks. 0.87 whip. keeps the ball on the ground.

not a super hard thrower, though. coach said he "could" add more velo the stronger he gets. hes 20 years old in A ball. my expectations would be pretty low with this one. but results are results.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on July 17, 2017, 04:05:51 PM
The powder blues are almost as perfect as it gets.  The tough guys in the 70's hated them, but they mostly choked anyway, so farg them bitches. 

I still wear my maroon cap.  I have several of the cotton slouch variety.

Still have my old maroon cap as well.

PhillyPhreak54

I remember my grandpop buying me my first fitted maroon cap from Modell's back in the day. $19.99 and to 10 year old me that seemed like a million bucks.

farging things are damn near $40 now.

Rome

I still have my first one from about 1980 or so.  It's in horrible condition because someone got shtein faced and put it in the laundry by mistake.  Wool shrinks evidently. 

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 17, 2017, 05:56:07 PM
I remember my grandpop buying me my first fitted maroon cap from Modell's back in the day. $19.99 and to 10 year old me that seemed like a million bucks.

farging things are damn near $40 now.

$19.99 in 1988 is $42.32 today

Rome

Why do these farging iceholes keep pitching to Mike Stanton? 

Stooopid.

Geowhizzer

Brock Stassi needs to be shot.  With an elephant gun.  Or that new laser gun the navy is testing tonight.

MDS

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 17, 2017, 09:43:53 PM
Brock Stassi needs to be shot.  With an elephant gun.  Or that new laser gun the navy is testing tonight.

i kinda feel bad for him. hes the last player on the bench on the worst team in baseball and still doesnt belong

Geowhizzer

Maybe they shouldn't put that other future HOFer Ty Kelly in the outfield next time.

MDS

this was one of the most fun games of the year

sure they lost because their crappy below replacement level player middle infielder misjudged a ball in right field, where he was playing for some reason, but it was fun.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on July 17, 2017, 11:08:33 PM
this was one of the most fun games of the year

sure they lost because their crappy below replacement level player middle infielder misjudged a ball in right field, where he was playing for some reason, but it was fun.

Thought about going.  But it's a two-hour-plus drive through 75 miles of nothing turning into Miami traffic and horizontal rain.  Plus, the Phillies...

I think if I had been at the game, you may have seen my on the field trying to throttle Ty Kelly.  Or MacKanin for being stupid enough to put an infielder in the outfielder.

That's right, you would have been seeing me go all Phreak on their asses.