Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

yea i know they shouldve signed mark melancon to close games and should go after jake arrieta this offseason
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

They should have done a better job building a team during the last 1/2 decade.

PhillyPhreak54

Still amazing to me that lil guy is a-ok with this shtein show

Rome

He's not.  No one with a shred of intelligence would be.  He's trolling it up because it's more "fun" than actually discussing a subject intelligently.

QB Eagles

No one is okay with this but there's basically nothing they can do about it that would be a good idea. Bring up young guys before they are ready when it looks like they suck at least as bad as the current trash? Trade for talent as a losing team? C'mon.

They have utterly failed to draft and develop talented players. Other than drastically overpaying whichever stars don't care if they play alongside trash on a 100 loss team, they are stuck in the toilet of the league.

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphia-phillies/bleep-it-says-frustrated-freddy-galvis-phillies-just-need-play-better?amp

Someone has a little fire to them. About time

God knows we haven't seen any emotion from Pete The Mannequin

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 26, 2017, 07:00:19 PM
Still amazing to me that lil guy is a-ok with this shtein show

what is wrong with you

nobody is "ok" with them being the laughing stock of the league but there is literally nothing they can do to get better. they have zero talent and whatever talent they do have is not ready yet for the majors. bringing up nick williams and jorge alfaro to strike out every other bat wont do anything. throwing money and years and 32 year olds might help them win an extra game a week but what difference does that make.

the phillies are terrible and will be terrible for a while. there is no logical combination of moves that can rectify this.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

Quote from: Rome on June 26, 2017, 05:51:54 PM
They should have done a better job building a team during the last 1/2 decade.

sure! but they didnt. and here we are, waiting for them to find an established core of players. but guess what? they dont have one and wont have for a while. theyve drafted insanely poorly since the early part of this CENTURY.

Quote from: Rome on June 26, 2017, 07:39:51 PM
He's not.  No one with a shred of intelligence would be.  He's trolling it up because it's more "fun" than actually discussing a subject intelligently.

son you aint on my baseball intelligence level

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 26, 2017, 10:03:35 PM
http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphia-phillies/bleep-it-says-frustrated-freddy-galvis-phillies-just-need-play-better?amp

Someone has a little fire to them. About time

God knows we haven't seen any emotion from Pete The Mannequin

It's nice when the guy who utterly sucks himself is calling out his zesty teammates for sucking and playing with no heart.

ice grillin you

freddy shook and lashing out cause their current best looking prospect plays his position and just got called up to allentown
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: Rome on June 27, 2017, 10:30:22 AM
utterly sucks

12 among SS in OPS, 18th in WAR

no he is not a great offensive player but he isnt terrible. and his defense is outstanding.

Rome

He farging sucks you moronic seamheaded millennial douchefarg. 

MDS

Quote from: Rome on June 27, 2017, 11:44:03 AM

lol i love you more than you know

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on June 27, 2017, 11:44:03 AM

lolol

MDS

if you want to know who sucks

-tommy joseph has the 2nd worst war among 1b, only ahead of mike napoli who is hitting 194. hes 20/25 in ops.
-mike franco has the worst ops among 3b -- by nearly 80 points. hes the only negative war 3b in baseball. hes almost a full win worse than eduardo nunez who is a crappy middle infielder masquerading as a 3b for a terrible giants team.

overall franco has the 4th worst war and joseph as the 11th worst in all of baseball. franco has the 12th worst ops.