Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

the last 5 years have been terrible but the last 30 days or so have been the most disheartening

i dont care that theyre losing...theyre a bad team, whatever....its how and how the potential pieces have performed. they have to be somewhat promising by the end of 2018 in order to be an appealing destination for machado and others in that FA class. if theyre not, the time table gets pushed back basically indefinitely.

im not ready for a CALL UP THE KIDS rant but jesus christ throw tommy joseph and michael saunders into a fire
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I can't even describe the anger i get watching that slop...makes me want to fight

Don Ho

My good buddy here is a die hard bums fan, not a homer, he gets it.  He has been preaching to me the past year to just relax and enjoy the rebuild and have no expectations.  Like I said, true fan but not a homer.  He just sent me the official "I'm sick and tired of this shtein!  I'm done!" text. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

I farging hate this piece of shtein team.

Someone get Doogie Klentak a farging clue on how to build a god damn team.

farg

MDS

if nothing else j's unhinged irrational ramblings are entertaining
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Turned the shtein off

farg them

Burn the stadium down

ice grillin you

there was a time when lil guy had them in wc contention this year i think...next year at the latest....at the start of the rebuild i had their timeline at 5-10 years....it might be 5-7 right farging now...i knew their kids would be way worse than everyone thought but i didnt even think it would be this bad
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i had them in competition in 17 IF they started the rebuild 2 years earlier than they did

i still think 19 could be decent on paper but thats in serious jeopardy. if they cant put something promising on the field to give them the ammo to sign free agents over the next two winters then yea we're looking 5-7 years from now.

ive been saying it for a few years now their elite talent is going to have to come from outside the org because theres none of that inside...but if youre losing 100 games a year manny machado isnt even taking a meeting

PhillyPhreak54

Other than Altherr showing some flashes what has been good about this season? Cesar being good for a minute?

I had more fun watching the zesty 80-90's teams

PhillyPhreak54

This is disgusting

6-0 in the third

They've hit for the cycle in this inning alone

ice grillin you

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 24, 2017, 08:02:20 PM
This is disgusting

6-0 in the third

They've hit for the cycle in this inning alone

Gave up and went for a classic. 

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 24, 2017, 09:52:02 PM
what's disgusting?

since drafting hamels in the first round in 2002, here's what theyve done

03 - no pick for signing thome -- necessary and justifiable move
04 - greg golson -- ed wade's last hurrah. next pick was glen perkins, who wound up being a nice reliever
05 - no pick for signing jon lieber -- lieber was a fine pitcher but not worth giving up a 1st
06 - kyle drabek -- arm troubles ruined his career but he was a big part of the halladay trade, so a good pick all in all
07 - joe savery -- pathetic. 15 picks later todd frazier from toms rivers was picked.
08 - anthony hewitt -- embarrassing. gerritt cole went 4 picks but didnt sign
09 - no pick for signing ibanez -- they were trying to win world series. cant blame them.
10 - jesse biddle -- lol. 11 picks later? noah syndergaard.
11-  no pick for signing cliff lee -- horrible move in retrospec but literally everyone in the city creamed their pants over this when it happened.
12 - no pick for signing papelbon -- not much needs to be said here. romey loved this signing btw
13 - jp -- very likely sucks
14 - nola -- mid rotation starter if he stays healthy
15 - corny randy -- garbage
16 - the mick -- waste of space

they went on a burrell-myers-utley-floyd-hamels run from 1998-02 so this was bound to happen....but instead of freaking out of a worthless loss in may, freak out over THIS.

ice grillin you

holy shtein is odubel herrera awful

Don Ho

Jesus, did I just see he struck out 5 times today?  He is awful.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.