Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

i get excited about young pitching that can stick around the bigs like nola or eickhoff....not vance worley part II
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

I mean to each his own but if you don't care about a young kid who is a potential starter for them going forward then what's the point

it would be like me not caring about Sam morin for  the flyers cause he might only be a 6th defenseman or Tim louie cabarowah for the sixers cause might be a deep rotation guy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i can think of nothing more interchangeable than quad a starters....if its not efflin its lively or pivetta or thompson or 100 different people. most likely the phillies are going to have to go with 5 mid rotation guys because they dont have a top end guy in their system and none will be available on the market

think 5 nola's
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

It's interesting to see if Eflin can develop rather than watch some turd like Buchholz or another vet hanging onto their dwindling MLB career.

I want to know why Knapp ain't getting more run. Rupp can't hit and he calls a lousy game

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 18, 2017, 09:42:05 PM
It's interesting to see if Eflin can develop rather than watch some turd like Buchholz or another vet hanging onto their dwindling MLB career.

this is true...they brought buchholz in for insurance and in hopes to flip him but it was a disaster. on to eflin.

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 18, 2017, 09:42:05 PM
I want to know why Knapp ain't getting more run. Rupp can't hit and he calls a lousy game

knapp sucks

PhillyPhreak54

Is he better than Redneck Sal Fasano?

MDS

knapp is a backup catcher, knapp is not even an AAA catcher....he is validly terrible

he might be better than dane sardinha

PhillyPhreak54

Let Knapp get some run until Alfaro comes up. What can it hurt?

Helluva play by Reyes

Awful job by Freddy not making it to 2nd

ice grillin you

again if you aren't interested in eflin Thompson pivetta etc then why even watch...I just cant imagine watching one of my teams rebuild and not caring about players like that...anyone can follow Nola or provorov or embiid....that's a given...seeing a potential surprise make it or even make it and be better than you thought is almost as good

MDS

i mean sure but we all know what eflin's ceiling is and its not very high...thompson has a better shot to be something

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 18, 2017, 09:58:46 PM
Let Knapp get some run until Alfaro comes up. What can it hurt?

KNAPP SUCKS

MDS

that was blanco's 7th PA of the year...stassi has 20. mack is straight bad at managing.

also that was a gr2b. :(

ice grillin you

why is that a rule for that park...that should be in play...if it goes over that metal fencing I could see the GRD

MDS

it went over that first wall with the orange line...thats the boundary wall. it looks dumb.

ice grillin you

thanks for the update but that wasn't my question...why does the fence there even  have an orange line on it...makes no sense

MDS

i dont know i didnt design citi field