Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

ice grillin you

i spent 75 dollars in lyft to see this shtein today
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

You seem to be the common denominator in all of the losing Philly teams engage in.   Have you ever noticed that?

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on April 16, 2017, 09:49:58 PM
You seem to be the common denominator in all of the losing Philly teams engage in.   Have you ever noticed that?

lol...i literally just left a voice mail saying as much to one of my bests friends

Rome

I'm just asking because I always sssumed it was me. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on April 16, 2017, 06:29:07 PM
you dont put the winning run on 2nd for murphy...if theres a base open its one thing...but murphy is a damn good hitter. benoit threw a 3-2 meatball. make a better pitch next time he cant do that with.

im not saying you are wrong or that i would have walked harper but the winning run was already on second...it would have loaded the bases for murphy

what i took away from yesterday is that i hope a scrub like bryce harper is never on the phillies

Rome

I'd rather have Harper than Trump. There.  I said it. 

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 17, 2017, 09:53:28 AM
Quote from: MDS on April 16, 2017, 06:29:07 PM
you dont put the winning run on 2nd for murphy...if theres a base open its one thing...but murphy is a damn good hitter. benoit threw a 3-2 meatball. make a better pitch next time he cant do that with.

im not saying you are wrong or that i would have walked harper but the winning run was already on second...it would have loaded the bases for murphy

what i took away from yesterday is that i hope a scrub like bryce harper is never on the phillies

the tying run was on 2nd...it was 1st and 2nd for bryce. i was listening on the radio so maybe i missed a detail.

base open its an auto IBB
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

The Phillies had the lead.  If they put Harper on it's a force at any base.   Besides, would you seriously not prefer to face Murphy over Harper?

Sorry but like I said yesterday... he's not going to beat me there. 

Bottom line is Benoit sucks and shouldn't be closing.  Also - this wasn't Mackanin's first fargup nor will it be his last.   He manages like he has no situational awareness and makes errors both critical and less consequential seemingly every game.  It's time they started looking for his replacement.

ice grillin you

force at any base doesnt really matter since there were two outs but i think i agree with you romey....i probably would have walked him....the argument against it is putting the run on third where a passed ball/wild pitch or an infield hit scores it

MDS

the argument against it is it puts a fast runner on 2nd so a single beats you...with harper a single ties it. of course he hit the ball 420 feet so whatever.

on the surface it makes sense -- dont let the other teams best player beat you -- but murphy's chances of getting a hit are roughly the same as harper's. so you pitch to bryce and pitch carefully. you dont throw him a 3-2 fastball.

Quote from: Rome on April 17, 2017, 10:49:10 AM
Bottom line is Benoit sucks and shouldn't be closing.

calm down. he has a good track record and hadnt given up a run until yesterday. i wanted neris in the role because long term he may be your guy but benoit is a back end relief pitcher and about the best option they have. theyre a 70 win team. calm down.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

True but in that scenario it only ties the game.  Measured between the odds of Harper cranking one out versus Daniel Murphy ripping a liner is almost even because they're both great players.  I'd just rather go with the latter there even if it's almost a certainty that you're farged either way. 

MDS

murphy has a much better chance of getting a hit -- any hit -- than harper did of getting an XBH. not to mention it leaves with no wiggle room for with a walk, wild pitch, passed ball, etc.

they made the right call to pitch to harper and attack him to get him 0-2. benoit didnt have anything to put him away. throwing him a 3-2 fastball was a mistake. and so, the phillies, as they do, lost.

but again the moment havas told me him and matty were going i knew they werent winning

Rome

I'm all for blaming those two. 

But tell me you didn't * know * Harper was going yard on that Bullshtein. 

The first two meatballs he fouled off he was right on them, just off by a half inch each time.  Again, pretty sure Murphy ends it too but grooving one to Harper gets everyone shot in the face. 

ice grillin you

putting the winning run in scoring position is indeed the argument against it....cant really argue against that....cept harper is so damn good