Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

I try to ignore TMac but Kruk will be the reason I watch more Phils broadcasts this season for sure.

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on April 09, 2017, 10:02:20 PM
local baseball announcers are 100% about wanting to hang out with the person and 0% about providing good insight.

Yeah if I'm watching football or basketball I hope the color guy can sometimes point out something I don't already know. With baseball, it's farging baseball. Tell some stories about the old days, shtein on the umps a little, point out funny stuff happening in the dugout... that's pretty much the job.

Especially easy to praise Kruk after the Nationals series, because all you have to do is click over to the DC feed to hear a complete disaster.

Rome

Is it me or does McCarthy seem completely disinterested in engaging with Kruk?   Maybe I'm just imagining things but it sure seems like it. 

PhillyPhreak54

That's because TMac is straight and narrow and has the personality of a door. Kruk cuts up and TMac doesn't know how to react to this.

Rome

It's amazing that McCarthy still has a job.  He's that farging awful.   I don't know a Phillies fan who doesn't hate listening to his screechy shrill voice, so of course he'll have a job forever. 

PhillyPhreak54

What's crazy is he's passable as an NFL PBP guy

MDS

local baseball announcing and doing national stuff is a different skill set

no 1 thing for local guys is to be likable. do i want hang with the person? tmac is a decisive NO. on football/basketball for cbs its all about the game. hes just a voice. he does a good job on there because hes a skilled broadcaster. but just being a skilled broadcaster doesnt mean you can do local baseball pbp.

the phillies know hes not popular but the very fact that he gets cbs work is why they keep him. theyre thinking -- hey we're going to fire a guy who does football for cbs?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I know It's blasphemy around here but I'd take Scott Graham back in a hot minute over McCarthy.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on April 10, 2017, 11:03:14 AM
I know It's blasphemy around here but I'd take Scott Graham back in a hot minute over McCarthy.

I like Franzke's banter with Andersen better, but I enjoyed Graham's play by play.  Both are leaps and bounds over McCarthy.

MDS

graham has a really good radio voice...its too phony to be on tv

franzke is perfect for tv and theres legit no good reason why hes not doing it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Stubborn, irrational, arrogant, clueless and resistant to meaningful change. 

Can't imagine why they've only won 2 championships in 135 years. 

smeags

yeah but, but, middleton.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

smeags

you just smoked that pun.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome