Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

More millennial whining about poor life choices?  Since we have Todd for that already, I'll pass. 

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

they are filming creed 2 around the corner from my house

there is very lax security for some reason....i got decently close enough to see stallone and hear mbj shouting about something while filming a scene. corner of 25th and federal.

they turned the cameras around after that. so i was invited in a strangers house and we watched the background actors walk by the window as they were filming. look out for ponytail guy in a flannel and woman in a coat holding a giant bag during one scene.

also creed 1 sucked
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

I don't know if it sucked but it has to be on a list of most overrated movies ever
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

I liked Creed but the shot of him running with the ATVs was laugh out loud bad.

MDS

there was one piece of equipment tagged 'rocky 8' which is maybe the best way to think of it

i remember being bored during the movie and only hanging around because of philly
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on May 05, 2018, 09:42:01 AM
they are filming creed 2 around the corner from my house

there is very lax security for some reason....i got decently close enough to see stallone and hear mbj shouting about something while filming a scene. corner of 25th and federal.

they turned the cameras around after that. so i was invited in a strangers house and we watched the background actors walk by the window as they were filming. look out for ponytail guy in a flannel and woman in a coat holding a giant bag during one scene.

also creed 1 sucked

When did you grow a pony tail and start rockin flannel?

MDS

they were actually looking for background actors....ive always been interested in doing that once just to see what it's like.

Tomahawk

I don't mean to be insultatory, but I don't think anybody should be called a "background actor"; you're an "extra". Unless your name appears in the credits...then you fluffed enough to be in the SAG

MDS

very important distinction. thank you for bringing that up.

Tomahawk

After years of not watching it, I'm surprised how awful Face Off is. I expect more from Nicolas Cage and John Travolta.

Eagles_Legendz

Face Off is amazing.  It is the perfect over the top dumb action movie.

MDS

Florida Project - brilliantly acted. the little girl who was the star was in that perfect age where she old enough to know what goes going on but young enough to be totally and complety free in the role. i feel like this is where rome lives. how this didnt get an oscar nom beats the hell outta me. 4.5/5

phattymatty

could not agree more.  i was saying this months ago that was my pick for best picture and she should have won best actress. such a great movie.

SD

Saw an advance screening of Solo. It exceeded my low expectations. Million times better than TLJ travesty. A rung below Rogue One but it's a lot of fun.