Rest Of Baseball - 2017

Started by Rome, January 18, 2017, 08:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Sgt PSN

Rock Raines was the shtein back in the day. 

Rome

Quote from: Rome on January 10, 2006, 11:22:01 PM
There's a guy coming up in a couple of years that would have my vote:

Tim Raines.

Absolutely awesome player when he played in Montreal.  The guy had power, hit for average, played great defense, stole about a million bases, and had a gun for an arm in his early days.

He hit a screaming line drive one night when I was out in the left field seats at the Vet that nearly killed my ass.   :-D

I still have the ball that I got him to autograph the next day.  He wasn't going to sign it until I told him he almost killed me with it the day before.  He laughed and said, "sure kid, no problem."

Still one of my favorites...   :yay

I wrote that 11 years ago.  Holy shtein.

Still have the ball too.

MDS

now that selig and bagwell are in i hope everyone gets off their roid high horses and puts in bonds and clemens
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Um, if Bonds gets in then so should Pete Rose.  Neither will happen.

Also - farg Curt Schilling and his 45%.  I hope that punk bitch never gets in and he spends the rest of his miserable life complaining about how he's a victim of liberals.

MDS

its 2 separate issues

bonds is on the ballot and its the voters call. rose isnt on any ballot and i believe mlb has to reinstate him in order for a decision to be made about how to handle his candidacy.

he should 100% go, along with shoeless joe and buck weaver, but shouldnt get his day in the sun. hes broke an unbreakable rule. but put his plaque in. hes a massive piece of baseball history and its a baseball history museum.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

It's laughable that roid heads can't get in, but Selig aka The Enabler can. 

PhillyPhreak54

Damn.

Yordano Ventura killed in a car accident.

Andy Marte also killed but in a separate accident.

Both in th Dominican.

phattymatty

i almost died in a car accident in DR last week too. those MFers drive like iceholes.

PhillyPhreak54

Oscar Taveras was another who died in a wreck

Were you in a taxi Matt?

Geowhizzer

Ventura was the starting pitcher in Marte's last game.  Coincidence?  I think not...