Around the NFL - 2017

Started by Diomedes, February 10, 2017, 07:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 30, 2018, 10:33:35 PM
Blake Bortles

The underreported news of the week has to be Bortles' wrist surgery. This seems to guarantee him returning to the Jags at $19 million, since the team is forced to pick up his option if he's still injured at the beginning of the league year in March. No one else is paying that guy $19 million. Seems like a disaster for the Jags. Is he gonna be their highest paid player?

phattymatty

gotta admit that andy might be the greatest of all time at knowing the exact time when a guy is cooked. save $17M, get a pick, CB and give mahomes a chance next year? what a great move by KC.

Tomahawk

Quote from: MDS on January 31, 2018, 09:32:23 AM
im sure theyll shop foles but what could they really get for him that would be worth giving up the insurance of having a capable qb when your franchise qb just tore his acl?

there cant be anyone dumb enough to give up a 2

The Dolphins gave me a 2nd for AJ Feely...surely somebody would do the same for Foles

SD

He got a 2nd and DRC for Kolb too.

hbionic

Quote from: Rome on January 31, 2018, 08:27:35 AM
If the Eagles win this game I will never care if they win another.   We're in sell our soul to the devil territory now.

I feel the same way.

farg selling your soul to the devil..I'm going to give him the best rusty trombone he's ever had. (I really need this superbowl win.)

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MDS

Quote from: Tomahawk on January 31, 2018, 11:09:38 AM
The Dolphins gave me a 2nd for AJ Feely...surely somebody would do the same for Foles

Quote from: AO1 on January 31, 2018, 11:35:09 AM

this was years ago....i cant see a team being this dumb again
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

Quote from: MDS on January 31, 2018, 12:50:45 PM

taterskins just proved it yesterday.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MDS

alex smith is better than nick foles
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on January 31, 2018, 12:50:45 PM
Quote from: Tomahawk on January 31, 2018, 11:09:38 AM

Quote from: AO1 on January 31, 2018, 11:35:09 AM

Osweiler fetched a second. The Pats got a 2nd for Garoppppolo. If Foles wins a SB for the Eagles another team is going to want him because he's proven he can win one. The Eagles would be doing Foles a favor too, he'd get a fat contract as a starter.

Diomedes

Quote from: MDS on January 31, 2018, 12:57:04 PM

Not by much.

I'm forever down to shtein on Andy Reid but one thing the guy does is prop up, coach up, whatever you want to call it, marginal quarderbacks.  None of his QBs have ever played as well for someone else as they did for him.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on January 31, 2018, 01:08:44 PM
Quote from: MDS on January 31, 2018, 12:57:04 PM

Not by much.

in the minds of teams out there maybe not at all when you include in the fact that alex smith is way older

the difference is alex smith current track record is much longer than foles...foles was about to retire a few minutes ago
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Also keep in mind that Foles' bad quarterbacking was done for Jeff Fisher and after Chip decided to make zero changes to his offense after every opponent got tape on it and memorized it.

Zanshin

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 31, 2018, 02:51:00 PM
Also keep in mind that Foles' bad quarterbacking was done for Jeff Fisher and after Chip decided to make zero changes to his offense after every opponent got tape on it and memorized it.
Fisher had Foles, Keenum and Goff at the same time-- they all looked like garbage...and all played at high levels without him. Common denominator is Fisher.

Tomahawk

Steve McNair says hi or would if he weren't dead af

Zanshin

Quote from: Tomahawk on January 31, 2018, 03:04:37 PM
Steve McNair says hi or would if he weren't dead af

Playing for Fisher literally killed him. Well, that and bullets.