Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

what about the other game in school on every computer.. the fishing one.  Called Odell Lake I believe?  That game was awesome.

NGM

Quote from: LilSusqBirder on March 23, 2005, 07:54:04 PM
Anyone else try the Fight Night games?

Got Fight Night RD. 2 about a month back.  I have to say it is a large improvement over the first.  New work out mini-games and you can be your own cutman during a fight.  The music is still irritatingly repetative but thats easy to ignore.  The main flaw I think as in every boxing game is the AI.  Each type of fighter has an easy way to beat them, just find it and you will KO them by the third round.  Still worth a rent at least fo sho.  8 out of 10

Also Number and Word munchers was the shiznit back in the day.  MURP are you talking about the game where you were a fish and had to surivive by eating algae, plankton, other larger fish etc?
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

mussa

Quote from: NGM on March 25, 2005, 01:48:13 PM
Quote from: LilSusqBirder on March 23, 2005, 07:54:04 PM
Anyone else try the Fight Night games?

Also Number and Word munchers was the shiznit back in the day.  MURP are you talking about the game where you were a fish and had to surivive by eating algae, plankton, other larger fish etc?

Oh yea i remember that game now.  LOL
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MURP

yeah, that one.  so stupid it was genius.

Geowhizzer

Dang, Number and Word Munchers were a staple of my school when I started teaching...  :(

mikey418

I LOVED Number Munchers.....now if only they marketed a game pack with that, Word Munchers, Murp's fish game, and the Oregon Trail on PS2 disc....I'd own it.
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

Geowhizzer

Quote from: mikey418 on March 25, 2005, 02:53:27 PM
I LOVED Number Munchers.....now if only they marketed a game pack with that, Word Munchers, Murp's fish game, and the Oregon Trail on PS2 disc....I'd own it.

I actually saw Oregon Trail, 5th Edition, at Target today.  I think it was $25.

MURP

Oregon Trail 5 cost more than NBA2K5.  a wacky world we live in.

mussa

Rented Prince of Persia 2 this weekend, got it on the game pass cause i plan to play it for awhile.  Its a really awesome game, thats even challenging on easy setting.  Running along walls and trying to figure out the best route is like an obstacle course.  Im at a part where I need to find the hourglass room in the first couple of missions.  I am totally lost and seem to be going back to the same part over and over again.  I know im missing a certain jump.  Anyone whos played know where im at?  Overall its a badass game:yay :yay

I rented NBA2K5 also and i wasn't that impressed at all with it, compared to NBA Live 05.  The game play seemed slower and the players movements were too computer like.  In NBA Live they were more realistic and fluid in movement.  Maybe i have t play it some more. 
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: mussa on March 28, 2005, 02:31:37 PM
Rented Prince of Persia 2 this weekend, got it on the game pass cause i plan to play it for awhile.  Its a really awesome game, thats even challenging on easy setting.  Running along walls and trying to figure out the best route is like an obstacle course.  Im at a part where I need to find the hourglass room in the first couple of missions.  I am totally lost and seem to be going back to the same part over and over again.  I know im missing a certain jump.  Anyone whos played know where im at?  Overall its a badass game:yay :yay

You'll have to be a little more specific. You wind up going to that middle section and the Hour Glass Chamber a bunch of times (like 5 or 6 if I recall). Are you past the point where you put the sword into the pedestal?

I just saw the online trailer and TV commercial for Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. At first I wasn't going to play it because Pandora Tomorrow blew, but this game looks incredible.

mussa

Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 28, 2005, 02:37:04 PM
Quote from: mussa on March 28, 2005, 02:31:37 PM

You'll have to be a little more specific. You wind up going to that middle section and the Hour Glass Chamber a bunch of times (like 5 or 6 if I recall). Are you past the point where you put the sword into the pedestal?

No I have not gotten to that point with the sword in the ped.  I basically have been on the run from the dahkara(sp?, big black demon) and ive gotten away, but now i seem to be going back the the room where u can change the castle from old to new?  Ive come across the mummi, but havn't found him yet.  When i change the castle back to old, worn out way, i view my map and my destination point is the map, colored in, but when the castle is in the new clean way that section of map is not filled in.  So Im running around looking for the hourglass room in the old and always end up back in the old/new changing room.  Does this make any sense? :-D  :boom

SD_Eagle5

In the lever room (with the pedestal) did you turn it to the 3 O'clock position? Once you do that you run along one of the walls and do some climbing.

After that should be the first time you fight the Brute (Use the time slow and you should be able to kill him with one sand tank)

mussa

Lever room?  No clue what you mean by that.  Ill have to do some exploring tonight.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: mussa on March 28, 2005, 03:11:26 PM
Lever room?  No clue what you mean by that.  Ill have to do some exploring tonight.

The lever room is the same room where you put the sword in the pedestal. When you turn that lever, the rock formations change allowing you to go into the rooms in the walls and beyond the main platform.

Drunkmasterflex

I just bought Brothers in Arms yesterday, so far it is very cool.  The only thing I don't like thus far is the acting in the animated portions definately below par.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell