Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

alright guys this is getting out of hand... ;D

Although that John Deere game reminds me of Oregon Trail for some reason.  That would be cool if you could shoot varmits that get into yer crops an such.   :sly
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PoopyfaceMcGee

I miss Oregon Trail!  It was great!  Your friend got a broken leg and was dead in 3 days!   :-D

Drunkmasterflex

I recently bought both NBA 2K5 and College Hoops 2K5 of the two I like the college version better.  The NBA version has much better graphics, the thing that pisses me off about it is making free throws too difficult imo.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

MURP

anyone play "God of War" for PS2 yet?  IGN gave it a rating of 9.8 out of 10, which is the 2nd highest rated PS2 game ever by them (behind GTASA).   Looks like a cool game.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I just started GTA:SA this weekend... fo' sho'.  So much for having a life for the next month.

MURP

was looking at the future releases IGN page and came across some interesting PS2 titles:

QuoteReservoir Dogs

Based on the Quentin Tarantino flick, game remains faithful to the original movie, with gamers able to play all the key characters, including the infamous Mr Blonde. Take on the role of key policemen, plus take part in large multi-player games. As well as a significant amount of combat action involved in the heist itself (which is described in the movie as a "bullet festival") the game also includes a number of highly charged driving escape sequences.

QuoteFamily Guy

This new game from Take-Two's 2K Games will introduce the Griffins to gamers everywhere with a new video game title for multiple platforms. In the game, being developed as a third person action/adventure, players will take on the role of multiple characters such as Stewie, Brian the Dog, and Peter, the hapless patriarch, as they interact with many of the citizens of Quahog.

QuoteThe Godfather

The book by Mario Puzo and Francis Ford Coppola's classic film serve as dual inspirations for Electronic Arts' action/adventure The Godfather. In it gamers can join the Corleone family to exploit loyalties and fear as they rise through the ranks to become Don in 20th century New York City. Carry out orders, earn respect, and make the Big Apple all your own. Featuring non-linear gameplay, The Godfather provides players with countless choices for solving family problems with brutal violence, skillful diplomacy, or a cunning mixture of both. From mob hits and bank heists to drive-bys and extortion, step deep inside a world where intimidation and negotiation are your tickets to the top.

QuoteScarface

The Scarface video game will create a gameplay environment that authentically recreates the historical time period of the film, touching on politics, news items and events of the day. Players will travel through the steamy, often violent streets of Miami, the irie islands of the Florida Keys, the Bahamas and various other locales and will interact with a world full of seedy and dangerous characters to procure information, negotiate business deals, smuggle contraband and avoid rivals and DEA on a mission to rebuild their fallen empire.

mcnabbfan788

Scarface,a nd Family Guy!

MDS

Doesn't beat the lawnmower game.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mussa

Whoa those games sound pretty awesome murp.  i think they need to make a VG about kill bill.   :yay :yay
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: mussa on March 18, 2005, 06:18:18 PM
alright guys this is getting out of hand... ;D

Although that John Deere game reminds me of Oregon Trail for some reason.  That would be cool if you could shoot varmits that get into yer crops an such.   :sly
http://www.classicgaming.com/rotw/otrail.shtml  The old apple version :)
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mcnabbfan788

Awesome.  Whoerver had the idea ofr that game is now rich as hell.

LilSusqBirder

Anyone else try the Fight Night games?

Geowhizzer

Quote from: TAFKAFF on March 18, 2005, 10:02:28 PM
I miss Oregon Trail!  It was great!  Your friend got a broken leg and was dead in 3 days!   :-D

I can remember that game.

I can remember sitting, waiting for the 2 or 3 minutes, to load Epyx Summer Games on my old Commodore 64.  And then staring, almost gawking, as the "stunning" graphics of the game.  :-D

Ah, the old days...

mikey418

I just liked hunting.....and I sucked at the raft part....
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

mussa

Quote from: mikey418 on March 24, 2005, 07:52:26 AM
I just liked hunting.....and I sucked at the raft part....

me too.  i remember trying to fly through typing class in elementary, just so i could play oregon trail.   :-D