2016 Head Coach Search

Started by Butchers Bill, December 29, 2015, 07:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

McDermott said last night he talked to Howie about the HC job the day after the regular season ended and it was clear early on the Birds wanted an offensive-minded coach

Sgt PSN

Saw that too.  Still think it was foolish to not have a formal interview with him when Carolina had a bye week, but whatevs. At least with then having a coach, they're able to get started on their offseason rather than having to wait until after the SB. Basically gave them a month head start.

SD

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2016/03/ex-giants_coach_tom_coughlin_bombed_eagles_intervi.html

QuoteCoughlin acted like a 20-year old whose girlfriend had dumped him and he was trying to make her jealous by dating her No. 1 enemy on the rebound. NFL sources say his hard feelings for the Giants came through loud and clear in the interview with the Eagles brain trust, which included owner Jeffrey Lurie, and he was obsessed with how he felt wronged by the Giants. He was not forthcoming about his plans for his staff. He came off more concerned with making the Giants look bad than being consumed with coaching the Eagles.

General_Failure

[IGY]typical gold standard missed out on the next buddy ryan[/IGY]

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

I read this a few days ago, but people keep sending it to me. I'm not doubting he was banging his secretary, but the whole Reid pawning him off to the Eagles seems absurd. Why not just fire the guy? I'll just throw this in here for discussions sake

http://www.barstoolsports.com/philadelphia/conspiracy-did-you-hear-the-one-about-doug-pederson-slaying-his-secretary-in-kc-and-which-led-to-andy-reid-playing-the-eagles-like-a-fiddle/

Diomedes

Whatever the truth is, I am utterly delighted that Andy Reid is no longer directly associated with the Philadelphia Eagles. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Who gives a rat's ass if he was banging some broad?   If cheating on your wife disqualifies you for a job, most of the married men in this country would be unemployed.   As for Reid playing the Eagles for chumps, that surprises me not one bit.    He played them for fools for a decade and now he's doing the same thing in KC.   Dude is a flat-out fraud.

Time's yours.

Diomedes

My disdain for Reid only grows as time passes.

I cannot believe, for example, that anyone thought it was a good idea for him to hire his farg up sons as quality control coaches, or whatever the farging title was.  You see that kind of thing going on in an organization, it's time to update your resume and gtfo.  That shtein is the opposite of professional.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i don't get how andy reid played the eagles....did he make a fake resume for doug pederson that showed he deserved to get an nfl coaching job?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 10, 2016, 11:32:50 AM
i don't get how andy reid played the eagles....did he make a fake resume for doug pederson that showed he deserved to get an nfl coaching job?

Well he did make Doug his offensive coordinator, so yes?

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 10, 2016, 11:32:50 AM

The conspiracy premise is Reid and Pederson's wifes are good friends. Pederson was banging some secretary. Everyone knew about it except the Eagles. The whole thing was supposedly a big distraction in KC. Instead of firing Pederson, Reid sold the Eagles/Howie on him to save face. Howie didn't vet Pederson because he trusted Reid. Later Howie learns about the affair, confronts Reid, and they have words.

ice grillin you

I blame the buyer not the seller

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 10, 2016, 12:21:36 PM
I blame the buyer not the seller

If you believe the conspiracy then that's 100% on Howie and Mr. Emotional Intelligence