Jason Peters - Philadelphia Eagle

Started by mikey418, April 17, 2009, 01:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey418

QuoteReport: Bills Trade Peters To Eagles
Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 17, 2009, 1:32 p.m.
The Buffalo Bills have traded Pro Bowl offensive tackle Jason Peters to the Philadelphia Eagles, according to Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com.

In exchange for Peters, the Bills receive the Eagles' 28th overall pick of the first round as well as a second-day draft pick in this year's draft and a late-round draft pick in 2010.

Peters has been unhappy with his contract and hasn't been attending the Bills' offseason activities after staging a holdout last summer at training camp.

Presumably, Peters will be seeking a new deal from his new employers.

The Eagles needed an offensive tackle after starter Tra Thomas left in free agency. Jon Runyan is a free agent and has been battling injuries.

:yay
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

phillymic2000

Im impressed they actually made move wit a 1st round pick. Now pick up the phone and trade the other one too.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

Sal Pal says the other pick is a 4th

mikey418

This move means that we have 3 Pro-Bowl O-linemen in the Andrews and Peters.   :evil

MGJ and Cole/Maneans make the line deep enough, IMO.

Now time for Boldin, a RB, and a TE....
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

General_Failure

The good news is the Eagles can say they were totally aggressive and improved the offense. The bad news is they're going to be content to let McNabb play another season without that one player that makes the offense go from statistically good to superbowl good. Boy, am I kicking myself now for not having season tickets.

The man. The myth. The legend.

rjs246

Huh. Who woulda thunk it. Good shtein, no doubt.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Yeah, my first thought was, kiss any Boldin chances goodbye.  As if there was ever much of a chance anyway.

Glad to see this move, glad to have a solid situation at T and O line generally.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

BigEd76

Even better news: it almost guarantees that #21 will be used on an offensive skill position, and we don't have to worry about some stiff like Eben Britton

Two Pro Bowl OTs that are 6 years younger than the guys they replaced.  Not bad...

And as mentioned before, Peters was a teammate of Shawn at Arkansas...

Rome

I love this move because now there is almost no chance that the Eagles will pick an offensive lineman in the first round.

Okay - so now it's down to 50/50, but still... love it!

Rome

The BIGSTUD

Well, if they traded one 1st rounder away, why not deal the other for Boldin. People say the Eagles don't trade 1st rounders for WRs.... ever, right? Well, they also don't take RBs in the first round.... ever.

So unless it is Pettigrew at 21, the Eagles will do something very uncharacteristic of them at 21.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

rjs246

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 17, 2009, 02:25:51 PM
Even better news: it almost guarantees that #21 will be used on an offensive skill position, and we don't have to worry about some stiff like Eben Britton

Two Pro Bowl OTs that are 6 years younger than the guys they replaced.  Not bad...

And as mentioned before, Peters was a teammate of Shawn at Arkansas...

So wait, Shawn now has his brother and a college teammate playing with him on the line?

I officially refuse to believe that Reid isn't concerned with Andrews' mental state and is taking uncharacteristic steps to mitigate the problem...
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

BigEd76

I'm sure there's a spot in the cafeteria for his mom too

Rome

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 17, 2009, 02:31:24 PM
I'm sure there's a spot in the cafeteria for his mom too

Yeah, behind the lunch counter.

Oh, snap.