The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 25, 2009, 12:13:45 PM
The best pre-game show out there, FOX, has officially jumped the shark.

Michael Strahan is presenting a car to some woman who they gave it away to in a contest. He's going all car salesman on a Sunday morning pre-game show.

Ugh.

Frank Caleiendodnededo isn't ever funny on that show...But he spent half the time he had today going hard on the taterskins. As stupid as the jokes were, it was enjoyable.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

BigEd76

Sgt PSN

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 25, 2009, 10:39:08 PM
ESPN fired Phillips

the important question is will he be doing the commentary on mlb 2k10?

Feva

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 25, 2009, 10:39:08 PM
ESPN fired Phillips

Ain't gonna comment much on this (Streets is watchin'), but Phillips getting the boot was as predictable as the sunrise.

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 21, 2009, 11:26:26 AM
steve phillips is a damn good looking middle aged man....those baby blues along with the salt and pepa dome....yummmmm...

theres no way he couldnt get almost any hot non famous milf he wanted

Just don't get it.  C'mon, Steve.

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 21, 2009, 09:42:30 AM
Watch out Feva

:-D
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Sgt PSN

feva.....did you ever see the (alleged) skank roaming around the complex at all......perhaps in the cafeteria? 

speaking of the cafeteria, do they actually serve the scott van melt?  is it as delicious as it sounds? 

Rome

a pun in sassy's hands = a wmd in a silverback gorilla's hands.

Feva

Nah, never ran across her. Even if I did, I would have never looked twice at her...other than to say, "Ew!"

And no Scott Van Melt...although, there's a lot of delicious shtein in the cafeteria, and Van Pelt is tall as shtein.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteSunday night ratings send strong message to owners who want a lockout
Posted by Mike Florio on October 26, 2009 7:47 PM ET
In past years, regular-season NFL football has at times generated better television ratings than postseason baseball.  And preseason football routinely outdraws regular-season baseball.

This year, however, a pennant-clinching game between the Yankees and the Angels beat the Sunday night game featuring the Cardinals and the Giants, the last two NFC representatives to the Super Bowl.

Per Michael Hiestand of USA Today, the baseball game rang up an 11.4 overnight rating, which means that it was viewed in 11.4 percent of television households in the top 56 urban markets.  Cardinals-Giants registered a 10.4 rating.

So at a time when some owners are pushing for a lockout -- and when the union has at times adopted a "bring it on" posture -- we hope that both sides will realize that the American public has options, and that the sports world would continue spinning in the event the NFL decides to shut its doors for a year or so in the hopes of cramming a bad deal down the players' throats.

That said, high-stakes postseason baseball should outdraw a regular-season NFL game.  Indeed, there will be no Sunday night game in Week Eight because the NFL traditionally avoids going up against the World Series.  And the fact that the numbers were close is further proof that football is the preferred spectator sport.

Still, with college football and postseason baseball and hockey and basketball, folks would miss the NFL -- but they also would find plenty of other things to watch and/or do if pro football went away for a while.

And some of them might not come back when the NFL finally does.

Surprises the hell out of me.

MDS

not a massive deal

the game did a 26 in ny and the football did a 9. like more people in ny are gonna choose game 6 over the cardinals. if it was another big market team instead of the giants there, the football game does better.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCqWNSJwids

ESPN suspended broadcaster Bob Griese for a week after the pro football hall of famer made an on-air, racist joke about NASCAR driver Juan Pablo Montoya at Saturday's Ohio State-Minnesota football game (see video).

During the game, a promotional graphic for NASCAR's Chase for the championship showed the top five drivers, but Montoya wasn't among them. When fellow analyst Chris Spielman asked where was Montoya (who is Colombian), Griese replied:

He's out having a taco."

He apologized for the remark later on the broadcast and again Saturday night during ESPN's prime time broadcast. But it wasn't enough. ESPN issued a public apology calling Griese's remark "inappropriate" and suspended him for a week.

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

Juan needs to call ESPN up and tell them, "he was right...I was having a taco."

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

any word yet what the ratings were last night?
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

reese125