Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on November 06, 2009, 09:13:28 PM
sixers have more blacks

Flyers have more haters

Phillies bring the city together

Eagles choke

That is real close to being the best Haiku I've seen.  A-.  See me after class.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Quote from: King Cole on November 06, 2009, 06:05:10 PM
I think it depends on the makeup of the team. That 01 Sixers team was so damn likable. This Phillies team might be the most likable in Philly history and we are starting a new era of baseball here in town. The Phillies own the city right now, and the Eagles would have to win the SB to get it back.

The only problem with baseball is that even though everyone is jumping on the bandwagon, it doesn't have the street cred angle that NFL and NBA athletes have.

idiot

eagles run this town. if they start going 3-13 with consistency then the phils can pass them. but what they got right now aint ever gonna be touched.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

i didn't read that but i'm going to imagine that tv ratings are up because people are too poor to go out and do stuff. 

MDS

yes, thats pretty much it

though the fact that just about all the big market/big draw teams are competitive and a normally useless team like minnesota is now a big get helps.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

i wouldn't be suprised though, if after the recession is over, if tv ratings continue to remain high.  because basically, unless you're a season ticket holder, you probably aren't getting tickets for games at anywhere near face value.  going through stubhub, ebay or any other online ticket "broker" you're going to pay almost 2x face value for tickets and then parking, increased cost of concessions, etc, the cost of going to a single game is becoming astronomical.  in 06 when i made up to philly for like 5 home games, i spent probably 150 just on game day expenses and that was actually getting tickets at face value from either fs61 or igy.  every away game i've gone to without that type of hookup i've probably spent closer to $250-300 just on gameday costs. 

i think since almost everyone has some sort of large hd tv w/surround sound and media rooms are becoming more and more popular, a lot of people are going to pass up on going to the game or even going to a bar to watch the game and stay home instead.  no driving, no traffic, no drunk idiots (except for the ones you invite over), cheaper drinks and better food (assuming you or someone in your house can cook).  not to mention that the weather doesn't make a bit of difference. 

being a season ticket holder now is about the only way to go to a game for minimal cost. 

ice grillin you

tomorrow is insane on tv

noon - big east championship
12:30 - carolina kentucky
4 - sec championship
7 - flyers caps
7 - sixers hornets
8 - acc championship
8 - big 12 championship

i think they were smart to move army navy a week back this year

MDS

army navy is like watching a bad high school game. which i will be doing tonight.

MDS

dick enberg OUT at cbs

now the padres pbp man for home games and short road trips. hell still do some tennis for espn that doesnt conflict with baseball.

PhillyPhreak54

I wish the SEC game was on later....but tomorrow is gonna be awesome

ice grillin you

peter gammons leaving espn

probably the best sports tv 'insider' of all time

will be missed

MDS

first chip caray
now this

a sad week for baseball

Sgt PSN

is he retiring or moving to a different network? 

overall, he's very very good but i can't say that i'll miss the red sawx love fests. 

QB Eagles

Probably moving to a less stressful schedule so his brain doesn't blow up again.

BigEd76