Around the NFL - 2018

Started by General_Failure, February 06, 2018, 07:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Basically a defensive move by the agent. Teams will not deal with a guy who burned someone like that.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: QB Eagles on February 07, 2018, 02:35:17 PM
Basically a defensive move by the agent. Teams will not deal with a guy who burned someone like that.

You think?  Hoodie actually took the job with the Jets and bailed like 8 hours later. Seems to have worked out well for him.

McDaniel, who I'm not convinced is the next big thing in coaching, hadn't actually taken the job yet. If he had, I might have a different opinion on it, but all they had in place I guess was a verbal agreement on things. 

I'm not sure I blame him either. Indy is a wreck. Irsay is a hot mess and their QB's arm is being held together with JB Weld and bubble gum. 

Besides, he had to get some sort of signal from Kraft that he's the next Patriots head coach. Will that be in 2018 or shortly after? Who knows?  But I think he's basically getting the Jason Garrett treatment at this point.

General_Failure

He hadn't signed, but he had hired coaches and was on the phone still trying to get guys hours before he said "nah."

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

Verbal deal is still a deal in the NFL. When you see deals reported, it's all verbal deals. Going back at that point is considered a major eff you. It's like if March rolls around and the Chiefs decide to keep Alex Smith.

ice grillin you

you know what makes it extra verbal......the fact that he wasnt actually allowed to sign a deal until after the super bowl
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

They have a franchise level qb...not sure why the Colts situation would be so horrible.

General_Failure

Because nobody's really sure if Luck's healthy or not.

hbionic

Someone quick say a "He feels he doesn't need luck to win a superbowl" joke.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Zanshin

Rome

I hate the Patriots as much as anyone but I don't blame McKid one bit.  The Irsay family is disgusting and Indianapolis might as well be 1887 Tombstone, AZ in comparison to raising your family and sending your kids to New England schools. 

General_Failure

QB Eagles

Unfortunately I think SF is getting its money worth with that deal.

Becomes the floor for Wentz too.

Rome

That's $12,857,142.85 per NFL start so far in guaranteed dough. 

Awesome. 

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

If he's going to the Jets, Browns, or Colts, sure. The Vikings probably can't afford that.