Michael Bennett, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Diomedes, March 07, 2018, 02:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

he already was an outspoken anti police brutality advocate then had the incident in vegas which sent law enforcement into a frenzy and he has a book about making white people nervous coming out next week

ill let it all play out as anyone should but this stinks pretty bad
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

not to mention it happened at home for him....this is a headline that will stick in houston
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

yeah texas being texas

serial bomber was a troubled youth....bennent worst human ever and the scourge of society

Rome

Yeah the justice system in Texas is like the dirtiest sewer pipe in hell.  If I were Bennett, I'd tell them all to go farg themselves and get out of this racist shteinhole of a country. 

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 23, 2018, 09:13:00 PM
serial bomber was a troubled youth....bennent worst human ever and the scourge of society

a young man explaining how it came to this point....and a thug
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 23, 2018, 08:06:29 PM
id like for someone to explain to me how what he did rises to the level of a felony

Exactly.  WTF?  When did going all George Costanza become a crime?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on March 23, 2018, 09:01:27 PM
DA filed these charges....its not a civil suit. state wants to tar and feather a dirty negro who runs amok and kneels.

The negro-hating DA in question

QuoteAs the elected district attorney in the nation's third-largest county, Kim Ogg represents more constituents than any other openly LGBTQ law-enforcement official in the U.S. More importantly, as Harris County's first Democratic DA in nearly four decades, Ogg has ushered in a wave of progressive reforms—from marijuana enforcement to victims' rights, and from the bail system to increasing the transparency and diversity of her office.

In doing so, Ogg has emerged as a leading figure in the national debate over criminal-justice policy, and as a rising star in "the Resistance" to the right-wing agendas of Republican state leaders and president Donald Trump.

The whole Bennett story is strange as farg and is an awful look for almost everyone involved -- the DA, the Houston PD, Bennett, the cop who did nothing at the scene. If they don't have video of him clearly breaking the law, it almost feels like he could sue the police for targeting. The investigation began shortly after the Las Vegas thing, which was eons after the Super Bowl.

PhillyPhreak54

It is a weird story for sure. I was gonna point out Ogg and how she doesn't fit the MO of the typical DA who files bogus charges against minorities.

Acevedo has been good since he came to town too. But his presser today was embarrassing.

ice grillin you

it aint weird

texas stay texas

these days that place would call george bush a traitor and ask for his hanging

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 24, 2018, 12:03:53 AM
Acevedo has been good since he came to town too. But his presser today was embarrassing.

If he's gonna spend a half hour rambling and not really get into details about the nature of the injury, the evidence, etc., he could have at least explained why the case wasn't important enough to pursue for 7 months, yet was important enough to have a full-scale press conference about.

And if the worst case version of this thing happened (which I don't rule out), I guarantee something worse and more deserving of police attention is happening in Houston every 30 seconds. Doesn't make it right, doesn't mean it wasn't a crime, but get some farging priorities. That city is a hellhole.

ice grillin you

yeah like making sure people can vote and having a planned parenthood less than every 500 miles

place is a cesspool of epic proportions 

Rome

I'm sure the "victim" is comforted to hear the prosecution had bigger fish to fry for 13 months than to seek justice in their case. 

Also - not for nothing but why is a paraplegic involved in a security detail?  I'm not victim shaming or questioning this person's worth but how is someone in a wheelchair supposed to adequately do that job?   Wouldn't their physical disability preclude them from serving in that capacity or have we gotten so far past the mere pretense of common sense now to suggest another duty for them?

Don Ho

Romey!  C'mon man, don't you remember Ironside?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

A lot of security jobs are just about having someone in a location keeping an eye on things, which is a perfect job for disabled people who don't have a lot of skills. Not everyone needs to be a bouncer.

It's kind of funny that pushing past people who are blocking Bennett from where he wants to be is exactly Bennett's occupation. He's one of the top people in the world at charging through people. I wonder if he used the swim move on the wheelchair lady.