Week 12 - Bears: Another Free Win

Started by MDS, November 20, 2017, 09:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

it was a rant by diddy's standards, but a total non-story by anyone else's.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

QB Eagles

Quote from: AO1 on November 27, 2017, 01:12:35 PM
If they just wanted to get Blount to the 100 yard mark that's just dumb.

Welcome to the NFL.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: AO1 on November 27, 2017, 01:12:35 PM
I'm a little curious about Ajayi. He's only getting a few plays a game. They love him on that off tackle/slant hole run but other than that they keep putting Blount out there. I thought late in the game would have been a great time to get him on the field for some work. If they just wanted to get Blount to the 100 yard mark that's just dumb.

I think they're handling it well. Let the game, opponents defense and situations continue to dictate the rotation.

SD

He's barely getting touches when it's still a game. He's more talented than Blount. If their plan was to use Blount as their every down back and Clement as their 3rd down back I don't see why they'd trade for him. He can clearly break long runs which is an added dimension they didn't have.

PhillyPhreak54

Well he probably doesn't know half the playbook

All three need to be in the flow of the game. Just like when they had Duce Buck and Westbrook

smeags

ajayi will get his chance to be the #1 guy next year, for now, get on board with the rotation & enjoy the the fact that you're not rotting away in Miami.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 28, 2017, 12:23:53 AM
Well he probably doesn't know half the playbook

All three need to be in the flow of the game. Just like when they had Duce Buck and Westbrook

He's had a month including a bye week. It doesn't take that long to learn a playbook as a running back. Sure maybe he doesn't know complicated shifts, traps and passing plays, but a lot of the Eagles run game with Blount is between the tackles. Really it's just taking the handoff and finding a hole. He nails that off tackle/slant hole run. My issue is you now have a homerun hitter at RB...maybe he doesn't have break away speed but he has enough burst and size to turn holes into big gains. A back like that keeps defenses honest, just look at the Cowboys (and no, I'm not comparing Ajayi to Zeke), but nobody gives a shtein about Morris because he's not breaking any long runs, so they play coverage and let Morris get his 4-5 yards. Blount hits the hole but is too slow with his cuts and only has one speed so he usually just tries to run over who's ever in front of him in the secondary.

Also, now that Sproles is gone, I'd like to see them work Clement into the passing game a little more...specifically on screens. I'm surprised announcers still aren't using the old "the Eagles are the best team in the league at running screens" mantra they've been using for the past decade. Their screen game and throws to the backs have been severely lacking since Sproles was injured. My concern is their 1st and 2nd downs do nothing and they're solely relying on 3rd downs and Wentz. That might catch up to them against a good D coordinator.

Zanshin

I think they will work Ajayi in more. He's a talent. That said, he hasn't shown much of an ability to catch and isn't a good pass blocker, and I think that's holding him back at the moment more than his running ability.

shorebird

Quote from: AO1 on November 27, 2017, 10:06:52 PM
He’s barely getting touches when it’s still a game. He’s more talented than Blount. If their plan was to use Blount as their every down back and Clement as their 3rd down back I don’t see why they’d trade for him. He can clearly break long runs which is an added dimension they didn’t have.

Blount breaks some big ones also, and as did Ajayi, fumbles. Ajayi might not have the breakaway speed were no one is going to catch him but he's quicker than Blount. Cuts and has better moves.

Quote from: Zanshin on November 28, 2017, 09:47:27 AM
I think they will work Ajayi in more. He's a talent. That said, he hasn't shown much of an ability to catch and isn't a good pass blocker, and I think that's holding him back at the moment more than his running ability.

Was he any kind of a threat as a receiver in Miami? I thought that was the one thing that set him apart from Blount but haven't seen any evidence of it yet.

smeags

I know he was targeted at least once in the bears game for a screen play but the pass was off and went incomplete.

Zanshin

Quote from: shorebird on November 28, 2017, 12:13:48 PM

Quote from: Zanshin on November 28, 2017, 09:47:27 AM

Was he any kind of a threat as a receiver in Miami? I thought that was the one thing that set him apart from Blount but haven't seen any evidence of it yet.

No. He wasn't a good receiver/blocker there, in general. That was the knock on him.