The Process

Started by MDS, September 18, 2017, 04:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on October 16, 2018, 09:51:10 PM
between telling his wife HIPA protcted information which she tweeted out under various burner accounts and getting fleeced by ainge, id say the colangelo era went great

Don't forget holding onto Jah until he had negative trade value.

PhillyPhreak54

SD

Quote from: MDS on October 16, 2018, 09:51:10 PM
between telling his wife HIPA protcted information which she tweeted out under various burner accounts and getting fleeced by ainge, id say the colangelo era went great

One trade set them back a decade. Worse trade than Roy Hinson, Moses, Barkley etc.

MDS

if hinkie would have developed a social skill or two this never wouldve happened

when you look back on why the process resulted in 10 years of losing in the ec semis or finals, remember that. the sixers hired an ANTI SOCIAL general manager
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

Reggie Miller has been almost as bad as the sixers

SD

Who gives a flying farg if he's anti social. Bellicheck is anti social...Hinkie had a plan in place that was working. They replaced him with Eric Jr. The Celtics will probably have a top 5 pick next draft too. At least Jo Jo is entertaining and Simmons can dunk so they'll be fun to watch while Boston dominates for the next decade.

PhillyPhreak54

What a zesty game.

Good job, iceholes.

MDS

Quote from: AO1 on October 16, 2018, 10:18:30 PM
Who gives a flying farg if he's anti social. Bellicheck is anti social

his complete inability to be a decent, communicative person is what got him fired. the league hated the heat on them for their tanking and he didnt even attempt to put it out. if hes out front with any semblance of a pr strategy, he couldve saved himself. but he handled his business like it was a government secret, was prickly with superiors and got got. being a gm is more than just winging trades. he never even attempted to do the other part.

belly just hates doing press conferences. hes actually quite open under other circumstances and is very different inside the building. also he won 100 super bowls and all hinkie did was try to lose. good comp though.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

your basketball takes are so bad i can't ever tell if you're serious or not.  hinkie held more press conferences than colangelo did.

MDS

i have no idea if thats true or not and it doesnt matter...they arent even valid comps

colangelo was the gm of an established team that wasnt actively trying to lose. nobody needed to hear from him, you had embiid simmons etc. hinkie was. what the sixers were doing was a full scale dump on the very nature of professional basketball. it was a black eye for the league. im not getting into a WAS THE PROCESS GOOD debate because of course it was. but the perception that one team isnt trying to win is not something the league wanted.

hinkie did nothing to try and quell that. he just let it sit there and fester. thats why the league forced him out. again, if he has a better pr game in front of the camera and behind the scenes perhaps it doesnt get to the point it got to. perhaps was he always going to die for our sins.

one thing i know is you went to the spike eskin dorkfest podcast thing and are a fundamentalist hinkie worshiper so forgive me speaking ill of the almighty god

QB Eagles

Or Josh Harris could have just sacked up instead of throwing his GM under the bus and agreeing to hand his team over to some mediocre nepotism hires.

Maybe Hinkie would have farged up those two years also, but we know now that Enoughunknownsources, Still Ballin, Eric Jr., HonestAbe, and all the other Colangelos were disasters for this franchise.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on October 16, 2018, 10:34:41 PM
Quote from: AO1 on October 16, 2018, 10:18:30 PM
Who gives a flying farg if he's anti social. Bellicheck is anti social

his complete inability to be a decent, communicative person is what got him fired.

this is 1000 million percent wrong
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on October 16, 2018, 10:37:16 PM
your basketball takes are so bad i can't ever tell if you're serious or not.  hinkie held more press conferences than colangelo did.

im old enough to remember when lil guys hinkie narrative was that he sucked at his job and should be fired for tanking

now he was fired because he didnt talk and if he had just stayed they would be much better for it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it