The Big 5.5 Sports Thread

Started by ice grillin you, December 09, 2009, 10:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

deserving

the joe is right in it at half against nova...the perfect example of a big 5 game being close simply because its a big 5 game...st joes coming off losses to rider and cornell against a really good undefeated nova team...should be a complete rout

its on the deuce for anyone that cares
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

big 5 aint ever gonna be what it was but its games like this that make it worthwhile to keep around
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

good thread.  big 5 basketball is fun. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on December 09, 2009, 10:24:18 PM
big 5 basketball is fun. 

yes it is but as an FYI this is an all big 5 sports thread than can include anything from football recruiting to palestra double headers to penn lacrosse

btw in the coming weeks two different big 5 teams will play the #1 team in the country

includge a sarge vs lil guy special when kansas visits temple

nova is starting to bury the joe

MDS

kansas is literally going to beat them by 50 points. maybe more. temple is a fraudulent team this year and will be exposed once they stop playing crap teams.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Sgt PSN

lol.  i did start digging ku basketball when i lived in kc and i still follow them very closely but against temple, i'll still be rooting for the home team.  of course, i'm not going to be all pissy when ku goes all rock chalk jayhawk on that ass though. 

ice grillin you

novas national semi final is on the 2 right now

ice grillin you

nova on a 4th and a foot at the goaline just scored to take the lead with 11 minutes left

this is after being outgained in the first half like 250-70

ice grillin you

really gutsy call to win this game for nova...4th and one with 3 minutes left on w&m 20 up 1...instead of kicking the fg and forcing a tocudown to win they go for it get and go to the finals

MDS

WHO CARES EAGLEBANK BOWL BITCHES

ice grillin you

bowls suck remember?

need playoff

MDS

i thought i covered this

bowls for pos schools like temple = good
bowls for the top 8 programs = pointless

ice grillin you

so bowls are good only when YOU care about them

got it

MDS

no idiot

bowls are good for teams that play in the mac and 6 and 7 win schools in power conferences. its at least something.

bowls are pointless for national title contenders. since the top 10 or so teams are interchangeable, you have a playoff to find a winnnnnar.