Donovan McNabb

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 21, 2008, 12:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

I'm not trying to run the guy out of town. He's an excellent QB. But don't give me this shtein about him being elite. He has elite talent but he fails every sphincter check that comes his way. I'm happy he's an Eagle and I still have faith, sort of, that he'll lead this team to a championship, but his track record in big games is awful and that doesn't say 'Hall of Fame' to me.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Geowhizzer

As long as Andy Reid is the head coach, this team will never win a Super Bowl.  They could have Montana at QB, Jim Brown at RB, Jerry Rice, Steve Largent at WR, all in their primes, and Reid would piss it away.

It's taken a while, but I have no faith in Andy Reid.  And, unfortunately, no faith in the Eagles to sack him and get a new coach any time soon.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

shorebird

Quote from: Rome on September 21, 2008, 09:41:09 AM
It's interesting how you mention John Elway because no quarterback compares to Elway (especially in his early years) more than McNabb.

Elway had to deal with Dan Reeves bumbling all those years before Pat Bowlen finally got smart, replaced him, and brought in Mike Shanahan.  If the Eagles fail again this season, I think Lurie seriously has to consider parting ways with Reid.

Elway was in 5 Superbowls, winning 2 back to back. He had 47 game-winning or game-tying drives in the fourth quarter. He is the the only player ever to have 50,000+ career passing yards and 3,000+ career rushing yards, an NFL record. He had 7 consecutive seasons with 3000+ passing yards and 200+ rushing yards, an NFL Record. He was MVP in '87'. He was  MVP in Super Bowl XXXIII.

McNabb can't compare to Elway, no way shape or form.

Rome

I was comparing their first 10 years, doode.  And yes, their career paths are very similar.

shorebird

Let's hope your right, and he ends up comparing to him at the end of his career, which aint' too far away.

Rome

Your = your.  You're = you are.

Sorry.  Couldn't resist.

:-D

shorebird

Yeah, I keep doing that crap. English was never my strongest subject.

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

shorebird

Quote from: EagleFeva on September 21, 2008, 12:32:51 PM
Shore wasn't...

:-D

Bad thing is, as much crap as I hear about it around here, I keep doing it. That is not a good sign.

Rome

John Elway went to Stanferd.

shorebird

24/35, 196 yds., 1 td., 1 int. Not too shabby, it was halfway through the second quarter before he had an incompletion. I think he was 14 for 14 before that.

No dumbass screwups. A hard fought win in a hard hitting game.