Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

They put the standalone films on hold. Don't know why RO and Solo were much better than the trilogy slop they're putting out there.

Took the daughter to see the new Jurassic Park. It's bad bad.

QB Eagles

Quote from: AO1 on June 22, 2018, 10:56:49 PM
They put the standalone films on hold. Don't know why

Probably has something to do with losing $80 million.

SD

Quote from: Rome on May 28, 2018, 02:20:17 PM
Deadpool 2 was absolutely hilarious.  It dragged mildly for about 5 minutes in the middle, but other than that, it was fantastic. 

The end credits scene(s) were awesome too. 

A++

I watched it on a hack site. It was as good as the first, better in some parts.

Quote from: Rome on May 28, 2018, 02:22:17 PM
And Morena Baccarin is top five all-time hit-worthy.

Brazil 🇧🇷 Hottest women on the planet. She's in my top 5 even with her freakishly long neck

General_Failure

The post credits scenes for Deadpool 2 were better than any comic book movie since Blade.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

I feel like there's no point to seeing another stupid dinosaur movie.   Am I wrong here?

SD

Quote from: Rome on June 23, 2018, 08:40:16 AM
I feel like there's no point to seeing another stupid dinosaur movie.   Am I wrong here?

Unless your kiddo wants to see it there's no point. Not even Tuesday night bored and on TBS worthy

phattymatty

I went to Hamilton at the Kennedy Center last night.  holy shtein it was amazing.  everyone should see this.

ice grillin you

opening scene of sicario is so good
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Sorry to Bother You is some great shtein

Boots Riley one of my favorite working artists
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

definite seeing that this week

reviews have been great but good to hear from a real person that it was good stuff

Diomedes

It's more art than comedy.  The satire is extreme, multi-layered.  It's not a piece for people who are looking for escapism and forgetting; the viewer is pushed out of the haze of suspended disbelief throughout.  It turns from farce to fantasy with no notice; you either keep up for fall behind.

I loved it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

I saw Ant-Man and the Wasp today. It was a very average movie with a couple of good dumb jokes. The Stan Lee cameo was more depressing than funny since he's basically been dead inside since his wife died and has been taken advantage of by everyone in his life since.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

sorry to bother you - absolutely loved the message and everything it was saying...if you know boots riley from the coup he was saying most of this shtein in his music 25 years ago...this movie was unequivocally 1000% boots....that being said i thought it could have been delivered in a better way...i prefer my allegoryand satire to be more subtle almost hidden if possible...this was super in your face and even cliched at times...instead of having the characters and the plot devices tell you a story that carried a message i felt like the characters and plot were just straight up telling you the message...the social and political themes were so out front that i never once cared about the story or any of the characters....get out a much better movie pulled this off in a way more seamless and intelligent manner...one other problem i had with it was the humor...to put it as simple as possible it just wasnt funny...i think i laughed once and it was more a pity laugh just because i felt bad for boots...now dont get me wrong the messages and meanings in this movie outweigh these negatives and i definitely recommend seeing it as its an important work of art but i dont think i liked it as much as maybe dio and most critics....two other notes: 1) tessa thompson is once again beyond sexy in this and is the poster child for how all human blood should be as ethnically mixed as possible because we all know mixed race people are the prettiest 2) btwn this and get out poor lakeith stanfield

6.5/10

SD

Sicario- kept waiting for a twist that never came. Movie had potential it didn't fulfill.👎

The Room - 7 years in a shed in a backyard and you can't escape? 👎

MDS

super troopers 2 - ok b movie. probably funnier if youre high. sloan from entourage is...(googling) 42! i cant call it an unnecessary sequal because the first one was unnecessary. its a stupid movie with a dumb plot and a bunch of bits that might or might not tickle your funnybone. 2/5

game night - i dont understand movies like this. you take normal people and put them into an absurd situation where things get super violent and criminal, but everyone just goes along with it. feel like ive seen 100 films like this and jason bateman has been in half of them. whatever its fine. coach taylor and landry are in it. 2/5
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.