Jake Elliott, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Diomedes, February 05, 2018, 10:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Another Champ with no thread of his own.

Perhaps the most improbable Eagles legend ever.  His nickname ought to be 'Clutch'.   Dead reliable when it counts most.  Misses extra points that somehow don't come back to bite him.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

We've been calling him "The Untouchable" because we're big fans of the movie and Jake Elliot/Elliot  Ness etc blah blah. The connection won't work for people who don't love the film as much as we do but it is a fitting nickname
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

QB Eagles

His 61 yard kick is the most breathtaking part of this video. Holy shtein that was a monster kick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejzxS8fPE3A

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

Watched the game again late last night and "if" he missed that XP he missed it by a 1/32 of an inch.  If you get a chance check it out, it almost looks good. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on February 05, 2018, 11:17:50 AM
remember, seven and nine sucks

Greatest thing Doug ever said

I watch this at least once a week. Merrill and Mike on the call...Wentz/superhero comment...Jojo going nuts...Duce running down the sideline...his parents hugging in the stands. I don't know if the rest of this season happens if he doesn't make that kick.

https://youtu.be/__HQSUe6CKw

QB Eagles

The late FG Sunday night was enormous and isn't getting enough love. It was no chip shot, and the Pats were bringing the kitchen sink. He misses, and the Patriots start up again about 30 yards downfield from where they botched that return, only down 5, with a few seconds more on the clock.

Seabiscuit36

I was Driving thru NYC/NJ and had WFAN on for the game, Insane call by that crew.  Doug going for it on 4th Down at the 44, huge indicator of what came to be.  This season had so many of those huge plays, but this one pretty much had that feeling that something was right and different this year...

Quote from: AO1 on February 05, 2018, 02:31:11 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on February 05, 2018, 11:17:50 AM
remember, seven and nine sucks

Greatest thing Doug ever said

I watch this at least once a week. Merrill and Mike on the call...Wentz/superhero comment...Jojo going nuts...Duce running down the sideline...his parents hugging in the stands. I don't know if the rest of this season happens if he doesn't make that kick.

https://youtu.be/__HQSUe6CKw
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Zanshin

That was the absolutely moment where you could start to feel there was a little mojo to the season...that was the momentum.

SD

Signed a 5 year extension. As far as kickers go he's average. I see no need to lock a kicker up for 5 years

Geowhizzer

Quote from: AO1 on November 27, 2019, 06:24:28 PM
Signed a 5 year extension. As far as kickers go he's average. I see no need to lock a kicker up for 5 years

My thought exactly.  Five years for a kicker?

General_Failure

Surely they'll be locked in to that contract, unable to cut him because of his massive dead cap number.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

The way the Eagles' luck has run lately I expect his leg to literally fall off during the flight to Miami.

Don Ho

Yeah, who needs a stud receiver, a game changing D End, a beast mode MLB, a shut down corner, another Dawk, we're all good bro.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54