Legarrette Blount, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by SD, May 17, 2017, 10:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Rome

phattymatty

Ha what. I dig it. Best puncher in the league.

PhillyPhreak54

Interesting signing.

There's the OMG BIG BACK that people have wanted since 2000

Rome

I honestly think he's going to be a great complement to Sproles.  Not sure why SD thinks he's a bad fit. 

phattymatty

not sure if that was a joke or not but i don't see how the league leader in rushing TDs is a bad fit for any team. sick of seeing these little midgets on the goal line.

phattymatty

PhillyPhreak54

He's a hammer which is nice to have.

But it doesn't mean shtein if the interior OL gets their shtein pushed in all the time

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 17, 2017, 10:34:18 AM
He's a hammer which is nice to have.

But it doesn't mean shtein if the interior OL gets their shtein pushed in all the time

stop biting roob off of twitter

you want a guy in short yardage who cant be arm tackled and falls forward when hit....yes in a perfect world your line would move the opponent on every down and you or me could be the running back....we dont live in a perfect world

the only thing here that doesnt make sense in terms of fit is that blount seems like the kind of player you sign if you are a superbowl contender like hes a piece that gives a really good team a look they may not otherwise have on their roster that could put them over the top
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Do you mean to say that the Eagles aren't a contender?!?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 17, 2017, 10:51:42 AM
the only thing here that doesnt make sense in terms of fit is that blount seems like the kind of player you sign if you are a superbowl contender like hes a piece that gives a really good team a look they may not otherwise have on their roster that could put them over the top

Could somebody diagram this sentence for me?

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Rome on May 17, 2017, 10:32:56 AM
I honestly think he's going to be a great complement to Sproles.  Not sure why SD thinks he's a bad fit.

Eagles need an every down back...or more specifically a back with size/speed. Right now they have the smallest back in the league who is 33 and should only get 5-7 touches per game. Smallwood who is extremely average, and now Blount one of the biggest backs in the league who's a slow bruiser. I don't mind the bruising back part, but the Eagles offense isn't built for that type of back.

I agree with igy...Blount isn't necessary. If the Birds are a playoff team then sure a short yardage goaline back makes sense.

Realistically they should have traded up for Cook but that train has passed.

A team like NE can get away with Blount/Lewis/White because everyone is afraid of Brady.

smeags

that's just it, I believe the front office sees this team as a playoff contender.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

you also have to question how much his heart is going to be in the game next year

hes on the wrong side of 30
just got dumped by his team of choice who won the superbowl under bill belichek
then got low balled by the rest of the league
and ended up with a team who hasnt won in almost 60 years coached by doug farging pederson

i mean would anyone blame him if he committed suicide much less didnt run his hardest
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous