The Jeff Lurie thread

Started by SD, March 11, 2015, 07:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

I want him gone. Sell the team, I'm sure there are buyers lined up. 20 years as the owner and the Eagles have played in 1 Superbowl. Not good enough. He lacks the one thing an owner should have, and that's a set of balls.

ice grillin you

i know you've hated lurie and felt this way for a long time before but in general people cant hate on lurie all of a sudden because of the foles trade...that's all chip...and there wasn't one person besides myself who wasn't happy when Howie got shtein canned and chip was promoted
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Here ya go, SD - cheer up, buddy.

smeags

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 11, 2015, 08:15:34 AM
and there wasn't one person besides myself who wasn't happy when Howie got shtein canned and chip was promoted

man, im really gonna have to bake a big batch of batman cookies for you.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

i know you've hated lurie and felt this way for a long time before but in general people cant hate on lurie all of a sudden because of the foles trade...that's all chip...and there wasn't one person besides myself who wasn't happy when Howie got shtein canned and chip was promoted

I was under the impression Howie getting shtein canned meant Chip was bringing in his own GM to run the show. I didn't for a second think Lurie would hand him the keys and say you have 100% control now. He caved because he has no backbone. He sits up there in his ivory tower and has no control over his team. He's not a decision maker, he avoids conflict because he has no backbone.

smeags

thats what happenes when you have a tree hugger as an owner.

SD

The warning signs were there for years but Reid won just enough to keep the fan base happy.

smeags

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on March 11, 2015, 08:48:19 AM

I was under the impression Howie getting shtein canned meant Chip was bringing in his own GM to run the show. I didn't for a second think Lurie would hand him the keys and say you have 100% control now. He caved because he has no backbone. He sits up there in his ivory tower and has no control over his team. He's not a decision maker, he avoids conflict because he has no backbone.

There was never a time where chip was gonna be just coach and Lurie was gonna hire a new gm....it was a battle for control of personnel btwn Howie and chip...one was getting the crown and one was gone
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Look who handed him the crown

phattymatty

andy went 16-16 in his first 2 season and chip has gone 20-12. although admittedly andy took over a disaster of a team while chip was handed a semi decent squad.

definitely been a weird two days but you nerds need to calm down. maybe chip is an offensive genius and once his guys are in place they do well. probably not but i only go to games to get wasted anyway. meh.

Eagaholic

It has been great to see how things have evolved over the recent years and it all starts at the top.

SD

His new wife is so much hotter than Christina and I guarantee you she's not a nag like Christina.