Week Six - 2017

Started by PhillyPhreak54, October 15, 2017, 10:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

This Saints game is insane

ice grillin you

49ers should do a stop and go with garcon...wash would bite so hard on it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

that is just a brutal call....if anything its on wash....but probably no call...especially at this point in the game...pathetic

PhillyPhreak54

NFL officials are brutal

That OPI was junk

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Tomahawk on October 15, 2017, 04:10:45 PM
Quote from: MDS on October 15, 2017, 04:07:20 PM
again the raiders expressed interest and he wouldnt have to change his address

they are scuffling on defense so im sure he could play for them vs. being a depth option here

Maybe he hates SoCal

Good thing the Bay Area is in NoCal.

PhillyPhreak54

Saints picked Stafford off

And they fumbled but whew out of bounds

MDS

the OPI wound up being good for the 49ers. they werent going to be able to go OOB and got the extra down so they could pick up yards, spike and kick the fg. except they went incomplete on 2nd down.

almost.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on October 15, 2017, 04:34:34 PM
the OPI wound up being good for the 49ers. they werent going to be able to go OOB and got the extra down so they could pick up yards, spike and kick the fg. except they went incomplete on 2nd down.

no...they went from having 25 seconds left and needing 5 yards for a fg attempt to having 25 seconds left and needing 15 yards

they still had plenty of time to run up and spike the ball after a 5-10 yard gain

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 15, 2017, 04:44:40 PMthey still had plenty of time to run up and spike the ball after a 5-10 yard gain

Then the FG attempt would have been on 5th down.

Don't agree with MDS though. Still don't think you can just assume they wouldn't have been able to get OOB after any positive yardage on 3rd down. Even if 3rd down was incomplete, at least you have some slim chance attempting the 58 yarder. The penalty made them need too much yardage in too little time.

MDS

if the opi is uncalled its 3rd down. so they would have to get the first to spike or get oob. there wasnt enough time to get 5 yards and get the fg unit on.

they couldve done anything on 2nd and 20 to get 10 yards, spike, kick the 50 yarder.

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on October 15, 2017, 04:50:39 PM
they couldve done anything on 2nd and 20 to get 10 yards, spike, kick the 50 yarder.

Under your plan they have the ball at 4th and 10 at the same exact location they could have had the ball at 3rd and 10 with more time left, if the OPI wasn't called. And it's a 57-58 yard FG there, not 50.

You need to get more than 10 yards for that to make any sense. With 19 seconds left, could the 49ers have thrown for 15 yards or so, run upfield, and spiked it without farging up? Maybe, but those odds aren't really any better than getting OOB on 3rd and 10 or throwing it away and trying the long FG if nothing is there.

QB Eagles

If there was any remaining Tampa Bay hype out there, I think it's dead now.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on October 15, 2017, 04:50:39 PM
if the opi is uncalled its 3rd down. so they would have to get the first to spike or get oob. there wasnt enough time to get 5 yards and get the fg unit on.

of course they had time...they would have had like 20 seconds...if they threw the ball 20 yards maybe not...but a short pass gave them plenty of time...teams practice it all the time...you basically have to have a holder and kicker run on the field if the QB doesnt hold...and like you said you also might have even been able to throw a short out and get out of bounds altho far less likely

the time was irrelevant at that point....its a matter of what youd rather have....a 3rd and 5 or a 2 and 15...they werent getting fifteen yards and a spike in 19 seconds

the most amazing part of the whole thing was gruden calling a timeout after the penalty