The "I Miss Sassy" Sports Thread

Started by Rome, February 06, 2008, 10:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Didn't see one so here it is.

The U.S. is playing Mexico right now and is actually winning 2-1 at halftime in Houston.  They scored a third goal that was disallowed on a phantom offsides call.

Fascinating, I know.

reese125

nice to see a little versatility in the Other sports category. Big ups Romey

edit: although the amount of posts might not hit double digits

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

Hahaha.  I knew that was coming.

PhillyGirl

Sorry my predictability is so boring.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

Rome

Ugh - Mexico just scored.  2-2.  49:30 gone...

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

It's a friendly so it ain't all that exciting. But the World Cup is the best event in sports. Hands down.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

hbionic

Have they decided where they are going to have the next world cup? Is it still south africa or is it going to be Brazil? If it's Brazil, I'm going.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

I agree, World Cup is king all....it's the only time I watch soccer though.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

The English Premiership is excellent as well.  We watch it every weekend since my waterhead miracle loves soccer so much.

The World Cup is just off the charts.  I've never seen anything like it when they had matches in Orlando in 1994.