TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

It's Always Sunny started with 2 new episodes last night.

they were brilliant.  Danny DeVito will be a great addition this season.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

stalker

So if some one does not enjoy AD they must be stupid? Seems like we have a bunch of psuedo-intellectual elitist iceholes on here. Also, you actually feel it is the best ever? You are an ass. Ever see Son of the Beach?
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

Diomedes

As a card carrying pseudo intellectual elitist icehole, let me remind you that you're free to go hang out with bigoted ignorant gutter trash scumbags whenever you like.  Plenty of them over at Free Republic, or the Cowboys fan sites.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Quote from: stalker on June 30, 2006, 09:45:04 AM
So if some one does not enjoy AD they must be stupid? Seems like we have a bunch of psuedo-intellectual elitist iceholes on here. Also, you actually feel it is the best ever? You are an ass. Ever see Son of the Beach?

I know that you do crack and no one takes you seriously/gives two shteins about you, but it doesnt take any kind of intellectual to like AD. It takes someone who is not a complete moron, which basically cancels out about 97% of the US population.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Watched a couple episodes of Mythbusters today.  One of my favorites.

And getting to watch Kari Byron is a bonus.

PoopyfaceMcGee

JTrotter Fan

The best and funniest show out there right now.

When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

PoopyfaceMcGee

"funniest"?

There are some funny lines obviously, but it's certainly not the "funniest" show.

BigEd76

Was just passing through the channels and saw Password Plus from the late 70s-early 80s.  The clues were CROSS, SOCIETY, FLAME AND HOOD.  The black female contestant lost.

JTrotter Fan

Quote from: FFatPatt on July 02, 2006, 10:04:42 AM
"funniest"?

There are some funny lines obviously, but it's certainly not the "funniest" show.

Well that is your opinion and what i posted was my opinion.  So eat my balls.
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: The Waco Kid on July 02, 2006, 12:55:17 PM
Well that is your opinion and what i posted was my opinion.  So eat my balls.

Well, your opinion that the dramatic series "Rescue Me" is the funniest show on TV is a retarded one.

Quote from: The Waco Kid on July 02, 2006, 12:55:17 PM
So eat my balls.

No thanks.  I'm sure they'd taste like ass.

Plus, I'd have to find them first, and I don't own a microscope.

Rome

I think any random story on Fox News could be considered the funniest.

Unintended humor is highly underrated as entertainment.

PoopyfaceMcGee

They spell it "FOCKS NEWS" on Robot Chicken, which is coincidentally one of many shows on TV that puts Waco's down the shteinhole.  There are more laughs in the 11 minutes of Robot Chicken than in 11 shows of Rescue Me.

Rome

I read through the past few pages of this thread and noticed that "According to Jim" was noted as the most popular sitcom in America today.

I don't know what the ratings are for the show but I would like to add that its popularity certainly doesn't surprise me.

"Coach" was one of the most popular shows on television for nearly a decade.  I've always used that show as a perfect example of the absolute idiocy of the television-viewing public.  I watched several episodes due to a sort of morbid curiosity of mine and can say without overstating this that I didn't even smile once while viewing them much less laugh. 

In fact, I found myself cringing at the embarrassment for those involved several times.

It's astounding (mind-boggling, actually) that something so unbelievably trite and mediocre could last on a major television network for as long as it did.

Television history is littered with other examples but "Coach" clearly was the worst "popular" television series ever produced in my opinion.

MDS

Coach was an amazing show. Shut your mouth.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.