The Process

Started by MDS, September 18, 2017, 04:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on March 02, 2018, 11:52:18 AM
Quote from: Rome on March 02, 2018, 03:51:21 AM
Not wanting LeBron James might be the funniest example of outright lunacy I've ever read in this forum. 

Love you guys.

Jay gets criticized for not wanting Harper but not wanting Lebron (who cares for what reason) is somehow ok. The Sixers needed a player to get them over the top in 83' so they signed Moses. I don't see the big difference.

lebron is 33
harper is 25

lebron is a lifetime carpet bagger who will be on his third ring chase
harper has been on one team

lebron will play for the sixers for a couple years then move on or retire
harper will play for the phillies for probably the rest of his life

lebron wins a title its his title not the sixers
harper will build with the phillies for years before they win and it will be everyones

lebron will be using the sixers and wont give a farg about them
harper will be a phillie for life
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 02, 2018, 12:19:37 PM
Not wanting LeBron James might be the funniest example of outright lunacy I've ever read in this forum. 

Love you guys.

Jay gets criticized for not wanting Harper but not wanting Lebron (who cares for what reason) is somehow ok. The Sixers needed a player to get them over the top in 83' so they signed Moses. I don't see the big difference.

lebron is 33
harper is 25

harper will build with the phillies for years before they win and it will be everyones

Age is irrelevant

"ring chase"...isn't that the purpose of playing basketball?

Moses only played for the Sixers for 4 years (not counting when he came back in the 90's) over a 20 year career won a title and moved on

Do you think about the Sixers 83' title as Moses title or the Sixers?

QB Eagles

It would be horrible if LeBron used the Sixers to win a title instead of using some other team.

hunt

acquiring enough assets & making the team an attractive destination for a big name free agent is the goal of "the process".  that's why you free up that cap room. 
now in a perfect world, would i rather see them use it on a younger guy..sure. but i sure as hell wouldn't turn down lebron for 2-3 years.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

i mean if all you care about is championships then year get lebron....i like my championships not to be sullied and for me that would
Quote from: AO1 on March 02, 2018, 12:47:18 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on March 02, 2018, 12:19:37 PM

Love you guys.

lebron is 33
harper is 25

Age is irrelevant

"ring chase"...isn't that the purpose of playing basketball?

Moses only played for the Sixers for 4 years (not counting when he came back in the 90's) over a 20 year career won a title and moved on

Do you think about the Sixers 83' title as Moses title or the Sixers?

no that was j's title all the players won it for him...but moses was traded to the sixers  who were his second team in the nba at age 27...moses is and always will be known as a sixer....lebron would never be..its not even a comparison

if all you care about is titles more power to you....i care about the narrative and kind of titles...just a difference of opinion but to me a title with lebron would feel really dirty

SD

You're too picky. I'm glad the Eagles beat the Pats in the SB and not the Jags for your sake.

MDS

the sixers "narrative" is already hurt by outright blatant tanking for 4 years...its weird but incompetence/lotto luck dont hurt you but playing jerami grant and hollis thompson 20 minutes a night do.

whenever people think of the sixers title, should they happen, it will be BUT YOU TANKED FOR A MILLION YEARS. so what difference does it make if lebron is factored into that.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on March 02, 2018, 01:35:17 PM
the sixers "narrative" is already hurt by outright blatant tanking for 4 years...its weird but incompetence/lotto luck dont hurt you but playing jerami grant and hollis thompson 20 minutes a night do.

whenever people think of the sixers title, should they happen, it will be BUT YOU TANKED FOR A MILLION YEARS. so what difference does it make if lebron is factored into that.

what on earth are you talking about...the process is one of the all time great things ever pulled off in sports...if they can get a non lebron title out of it it will go off the charts legendary

hunt

would paul george feel less dirty?  or maybe a trade for kawhi?   :-D

hell, i'd love them to find their go-to scorer "naturally"...but a ring or 2 with lebron works too.

ice grillin you

Quote from: hunt on March 02, 2018, 01:45:28 PM
would paul george feel less dirty?  or maybe a trade for kawhi?   :-D

wouldnt even be close for the reasons i stated and more

i cant think of many things in sports that would make me more sick than seeing fans rockin lebron james sixer jerseys and chanting mvp while hes at the free throw line

the process is ours not that carpet baggers...it should live on its own...not be a another notch on lebron james bedpost

hunt

he'll most likely latch on with a team that's more of a sure thing...somebody like houston.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 02, 2018, 01:53:05 PM

i cant think of many things in sports that would make me more sick than seeing fans rockin lebron james sixer jerseys and chanting mvp while hes at the free throw line

What would be worse...this^^^^, Standing ovation for Utley in a Dodgers uni, or when Eagles fans started chanting Coooop after the racist caught a pass?

Quote from: hunt on March 02, 2018, 02:24:45 PM
he'll most likely latch on with a team that's more of a sure thing...somebody like houston.

I can't see him co-existing with Harden.

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on March 02, 2018, 02:40:21 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on March 02, 2018, 01:53:05 PM

What would be worse...this^^^^, Standing ovation for Utley in a Dodgers uni, or when Eagles fans started chanting Coooop after the racist caught a pass?

Quote from: hunt on March 02, 2018, 02:24:45 PM

I can't see him co-existing with Harden.

i loved GRIT but i wasnt a fan boy so while i wished he never played with anyone else it also didnt bother me much....but whoa the kkkooper question is a tough one

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 02, 2018, 01:41:15 PM
Quote from: MDS on March 02, 2018, 01:35:17 PM

what on earth are you talking about...the process is one of the all time great things ever pulled off in sports...if they can get a non lebron title out of it it will go off the charts legendary

never knew you listened to rights to rick sanchez podcast...you are a process lunatic