2017 Season Prediction Thread

Started by Rome, September 03, 2017, 09:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Not really excited for football season, usually I'm jumping out of my skin with excitement. There was nothing better than plopping my ass on the couch, drinking beer, ordering delivery, then watching the Eagles followed by the Redzone. Maybe the Giants home opener will get the juices flowing.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

rjs246

Quote from: SD on September 07, 2017, 11:49:20 AM
Not really excited for football season, usually I'm jumping out of my skin with excitement. There was nothing better than plopping my ass on the couch, drinking beer, ordering delivery, then watching the Eagles followed by the Redzone. Maybe the Giants home opener will get the juices flowing.

This is me exactly. The NFL has done everything in its power to make me disgusted in the league, its marketing and the product on the field. I know I'll get wound up about football during the season because I always do, but I'm having a very hard time giving a shtein right now.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Zanshin

Quote from: rjs246 on September 07, 2017, 12:08:05 PM
Quote from: SD on September 07, 2017, 11:49:20 AM

This is me exactly. The NFL has done everything in its power to make me disgusted in the league, its marketing and the product on the field. I know I'll get wound up about football during the season because I always do, but I'm having a very hard time giving a shtein right now.

I've felt that way for a few years now. I have more than a passing interest, but it's not close to what it was. More and more, when I watch I mostly see a bunch of entitled, enabled iceholes running around getting brain damage as they make billionaires even richer. Because, you know, that's pretty much what it is.

rjs246

I bear no ill will towards the players. They are pawns in a game that they got thrown in to when they were children. The best of the best of the best get paid and make a phenomenal living, the other 98% of them have a 2-3 year career after which they have no discernible, employable skills and not nearly enough money to last the rest of their lives. Education came second, or third, for these guys since they were too young to make solid choices for themselves but we expect them to take school seriously while playing for football factory universities that prioritize ball over everything. No, I don't hate on the players anymore. I just put the TV on mute when they get microphones shoved in their face and move on with my day.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

i for the most part quit the nfl a few years ago for most of the reasons already stated but my love or interest for the eagles has never wavered....however i will say for this year specifically they have had some of their juice taken away by the sixers....they are so much of what i think about these days and not just sports related but my everyday life
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Excited because it's kickoff weekend not because of any expectations or hopes, just excited for Sunday football. 

Always been:

Phillies 1
Birds 1A
Sixers 2
Flyers 3

Well, I was excited until I just saw the whole Patriots pre game celebration.

Oh and 9-7. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

Quote from: Don Ho on September 07, 2017, 08:36:37 PM

Always been:

Phillies 1
Birds 1A
Sixers 2
Flyers 3

flip the eagles and Phillies and that's my list.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

Phillies
Eagles
Flyers
Villanova
Ocean City Red Raiders
Union
NBA teams.  Don't care which.  I liked George McGinnis, though.  LOL

Geowhizzer

1A. Phils
1B. Eagles
1C/2A. Flyers
2B. Sixers

The Phillies are my first love, have the most recent success and bring back fond memories of watching games with my grandmother (who loved Juan Samuel).  Also the most relaxing for me to watch. 

The Eagles bring the most passion and swear words, probably because of the condensed schedule (each game means more).  My wife thinks I get too worked up.

Loved the Flyers big time in the 1980s and 1990s.  This current incarnation, not quite so much.  Hockey in general has lost a little something in the last decade, and the Flyers just aren't good enough to compensate for that. 

I'm kind of in and out on basketball since Dr. J retired, but thoroughly enjoyed watching the fruits of The Process starting to ripen last year.  Looking forward to more national games this season.  And the game in general is becoming more fun to watch for me than hockey.

Eagles_Legendz

MDS

the eagles will go 8-8 this year

talk about the flyers somewhere else
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Cthulhu