Lane Johnson, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by QB Eagles, April 25, 2013, 08:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 26, 2013, 10:24:06 AM
At least he didn't go from fireman to OL.

or canada to the united states
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

QuoteNEW YORK -- One of Lane Johnson's most challenging assignments during his rookie season as a Philadelphia Eagles tackle will be to block New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul. But it won't be the first time he's been on the same field as the Big Blue pass rusher. Shortly after being drafted by the Eagles with the No. 4 pick in the NFL draft on Thursday night, Johnson told a story about the first time he saw Pierre-Paul.

Johnson was a backup quarterback at Kilgore Junior College in Texas, and he says his first game in 2008 was against Fort Scott, where Pierre-Paul was playing that season.

"Nobody had ever heard of him," Johnson said. "I remember seeing there was this 6-foot-6, 280-pound defensive lineman nobody had ever heard of. But when he ran out on the field and did a backflip, I think everybody kind of knew what he was about."

Johnson didn't seem intimidated about the idea of trying to block Pierre-Paul at the NFL level, offering a technical, chalkboard answer when asked about the ways in which he plans to do it. He also said he'd been hoping to be the Eagles' pick after his pre-draft discussions with new Eagles coach Chip Kelly. He worried for a moment when the Miami Dolphins traded up to No. 3 that he might be headed there instead, but he said he was happy when Miami took Dion Jordan because he'd "had such a good vibe" with Kelly and the Eagles.

QuoteEvan Mathis currently wears No. 69 for the Eagles, the same number Johnson wore at Oklahoma.

All of Northeast Philadelphia is now lamenting the fact they'll never get the opportunity to purchase a No. 69 Johnson jersey.

QuoteAt the 2013 NFL Draft, the world was introduced to Lane Johnson's wife Chelsea Johnson who has a crack at being the 2013 Lauren Tannehill. The couple was married on January 6, 2013 at the Oklahoma City Golf & Country Club in front of family and friends. Philadelphia will probably serve as a bit of a culture shock for the newlyweds traveling from Oklahoma to a city getting impatient with a bit of a losing streak. Chelsea is only a Junior at OU, so it remains to be seen where she will be in the fall.

Chelsea Johnson is an athlete in her own right, as a high jumper and hurdler on the Sooner's Track & Field team. Her father, John Goodman, also played football at Oklahoma before playing five years in the NFL with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

BigEd76

Sgt PSN

Sweatshops in Malaysia be working. 

ice grillin you

guards should stick to the 60's and tackles to the 70's....especially 65 which is a chance warmack fat guy number...the exact opposite of what lj is

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 26, 2013, 11:34:27 AM
guards should stick to the 60's and tackles to the 70's....especially 65 which is a chance warmack fat guy number...the exact opposite of what lj is

Exactly. I hate when OTs wear anything but 70s numbers.

I also hate when WRs wear anything else than the 80s

terpseagles

I liked a WR wearing #17 growing up.  A LOT.  just sayin'.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 26, 2013, 12:11:29 PM
I hate when OTs wear anything but 70s numbers.

NFL numbering system is fine.  College sucks though.  Kickers and punters wearing double digits is just a bad look.  Dudes are usually so scrawny that the numbers on the front and back of the jersey are damn near touching each other. 

Also, I forwarded your comments on to John Runyan.  He's looking forward to raping you. 

Rome

Numbers are important bidness!

Get ahold of yourselves.  Christ.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

BigEd76

ice grillin you

Diomedes

Lemme guess...ACL, will never play again?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Who cares?   That cheesesteak looks good, though.  Gimme.

Diomedes

Oh I get it, he signed. 

Who cares.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger