Chip Kelly - Head Coach, Philadelphia Eagles

Started by Sgt PSN, January 16, 2013, 04:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 16, 2013, 09:44:55 PM
Cautiously optimistic is how I would describe myself. I was sold on Gus but lets see how it plays out.

Let's hope he more Harbaugh and less Spurrier/Petrino

Like igy said, he's got Saban written all over him.

PhillyPhreak54

I wouldn't go that far...simply because I don't think he is of the same douchebag level as Saban. The stories that have come out about Saban's time in Miami (telling people not to talk to him, berating office staff for stocking the wrong snacks, stepping over a convulsing player, etc) suggest he's on another level.

Its a huge unknown but then again...any new hire is.

Yeti

Quote from: SD on January 16, 2013, 08:38:40 PM
Already drops a boo Santa reference and hopes he doesn't get boo;d

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/blogs/birds-nest/Eagles-Head-Coach-Chip-Kelly_-I-Hope-Fans-Don_t-Boo-Me_Philadelphia.html

Meh, think he meant it as a joke.  He shoulda done his research on how touchy some of you marys are on that subject.
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

General_Failure

I'm told that we're going with the name Spread Eagle Offense. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

best thing about this is howie is know tied to chip

chip flames out howie takes the fall. chip is good they might just be the smartest guys in the room.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

JackStraw

Yep. It's a win either way. This pick means nobody is gonna put up with 8/8 or 7/9 horseshtein for long. Maybe Lurie goes too if it really flames. Best of all either option (oof!) should take only about three years, right? Crap that's nothing compared to how long most of us have been waiting.

yeah its a tough town but so what. farg him if he can't take a joke. Betcha even sign man has already lettered-up a "goodby mr chips" banner just in case...
Endless regression to the mean

hbionic

Quote from: General_Failure on January 17, 2013, 12:30:50 AM
I'm told that we're going with the name Spread Eagle Offense. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

:-D :-D :-D

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MDS

Quote from: JackStraw on January 17, 2013, 03:05:10 AMMaybe Lurie goes too if it really flames.

yea hopefully the owner will finally come to his sense and fire lurie as owner
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

I just went online and ordered matching visors for myself and the Mrs.... We are IN!

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 16, 2013, 09:44:55 PM
Let's hope he more Harbaugh and less Spurrier/Petrino

you mean more jimmy johnson and less every guy who has ever tried this.....hardbaugh had nfl experience

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 17, 2013, 12:08:38 AM
I wouldn't go that far...simply because I don't think he is of the same douchebag level as Saban. The stories that have come out about Saban's time in Miami (telling people not to talk to him, berating office staff for stocking the wrong snacks, stepping over a convulsing player, etc) suggest he's on another level.

Its a huge unknown but then again

i dont think the concern is that kelly is a fleshpop in the same way saban was i think the concern is that his heart is not all in this and a weak heart plus jumping into something completely overwhelming plus knowing you can go back and get any cushy cfb job anytime you want has to concern any fan that this could crash and burn in a short period of time

and as i mentioned this isnt an unknown....its only worked one time ever which makes it pretty damn well known whats gonna happen

we all prey this works out and the eagles bucked the decades long trend but the odds are against them

until it happens tho CHIP CHIP HOORAY!
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

the way he answered the question last night when the reporter asked him if it was a dream job to work in the nfl/eagles was concerning for me. he was about to say no but quickly backed it up with a i just want to win.

it was a timid im testing the waters answer. hope he shows some passion at the pc