TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

some recent tv i have seen

evil genius - victim of recent trend of docu series. should have been a 1 hour jawn, instead spread into 4 parts with red herrings and carefully edited questions/interviews to create a suspenseful narrative. big moment for erie, though.

glow - not quite as fun as season 1 but the 8th episode where they just did a straight episode of the show was marvelous. betty gilpins giant tits are still there. marc maron continues to kill being a coked up icehole. liked the direction they ended with, you had to change it up, because...

handmaids tale - doing the same thing over and over again can get real stale real fast. the show is still superb and as well put together as anything but june's decision in the final moments might be something they never recover from.

marvelous mrs maisel - as jewey as anything ive ever seen in my life up to and including my trip to israel to read torah (this is a thing that actually happened). it will win every emmy and i cant really argue with that. highly recommend as long as you can stomach jews and a female comedien in the 50s.

sharp objects - 2 episodes in and this is terrific. amy adams destroying, jean marc valle is the real star though. cant remember this kind of quality direction on tv. super dark but it has such a great sense of setting and mood.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on July 16, 2018, 10:25:53 AM
some recent tv i have seen

evil genius - victim of recent trend of docu series. should have been a 1 hour jawn, instead spread into 4 parts with red herrings and carefully edited questions/interviews to create a suspenseful narrative. big moment for erie, though.

glow - not quite as fun as season 1 but the 8th episode where they just did a straight episode of the show was marvelous. betty gilpins giant tits are still there. marc maron continues to kill being a coked up icehole. liked the direction they ended with, you had to change it up, because...

Agreed on Evil Genius, I'd say 2 hours would suffice but yes definitely too long but the red herring and twist were good. Marjorie Diehl-Armstrong is why people with personality disorders are so dangerous.

I like season 2 of Glow more than I did 1. The blonde meltdown turned bitch was perfectly executed. Marc Maron just nails that role. I thought they hit the 80's theme better in season 2 than season 1.

Rome

Amy Adams is amazing in Sharp Objects.  The show is not my cup of tea but I'd watch her read Trump tweets for an hour.  That's how stunning she is. 

Eagles_Legendz

Atlanta will win, not Maisel. 

Digging sharp objects through 2 episodes.

MDS

if a show about new york jews and comedy in the 50s doesnt win the emmy, which is voted on by new york jews who liked comedy in the 50s, then i quit
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

Maybe, just seems like Glover's moment still.  I haven't seen Maisel but Atlanta was the best thing I saw on tv this year.

MDS

atlanta was really good and probably a little bit than maisel but that show was emmy bait if i ever saw it

Eagles_Legendz

Brian Tyree Henry was mvp of Atlanta but I don't think he wins that category unfortunately.

Also, Dinklage hasn't had anything to do for 3 seasons on GoT.  He shouldn't have even been nominated let alone have a chance to win.  I know he plays everyone's favorite character on the show but I actually think he's the weakest of the 3 GoT nominees. 

Drama as a whole is underwhelming. 

I love GoT but the best shows I saw this year were Killing Eve, Barry, Good Place, The Terror & Atlanta (best).

Eagles_Legendz

I really like Sharp Objects even though I'm pretty sure nothing has happened in the 6 episodes I've watched.

SD

Girl I've been plowing loves the murder mystery shtein so she got me to binge watch season 1 of The Sinner. It's not bad, has a True Detective feel to it although not as good. Season 2 has some potential.

MDS

woah baby that sharp objects ending is an all timer

phattymatty

Binged on Succession this week.  Not done yet but what a good farging show.

smeags

big mouth is a pretty damn funny show on Netflix. hormone monster is an awesome character.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Eagles_Legendz

Sharp Objects was excellent.  It's for sure not for everyone but I loved it.

MDS

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on August 28, 2018, 03:09:11 PM
Sharp Objects was excellent.  It's for sure not for everyone but I loved it.

most of the online/twitter reaction to the finale was positive, though a few of my peoples didnt dig it

within the next week or 2: the deuce, its always sunny, bojack, american vandal. what a time to be alive.