Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I had nothing to do the other afternoon do I went and saw American Assassin.  Everything except Michael Keaton was horrendous, but he was so awesome, he somehow made the other parts tolerable. 

I would love to see a sequel with just his character.

SD

IT was just ok. Pennywise was too cartoonish. Like all modern movies they overused the cgi. The Tim Curry tv series version was scarier and had more of a horror personality. Aside from the opening sewer scene the clown just didn't hit the mark.

Tomahawk

Can people quit capitalizing the entire name of this movie, please? Everybody thinks you're talking about Internet Technology

Rome

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

Kingsman: The Golden Circle was freaking awesome.  I'm a big fan of Easter eggs in films and this one had more than I can count.  Everything about the movie was great.  Sure, it's dopey and derivative, but so what?

It was a fun 2-plus hours of highly satisfying popcorn-fueled shenanigans. 

A rare A+ because it was audaciously fun, it didn't take itself seriously, and the good guys won while blowing shtein up and killing the "bad" guys. 

Rome

Blade Runner 2049 was amazing.  It's definitely not for everyone.  There's a lot (and I mean a lotttttt) of metaphysical musings going on (so much so that my daughter is convinced the world they live in is Purgatory - and that's not a bad take considering the dialogue) and it slows down to an imperceptible crawl at times, but it was simply an overwhelming movie.  I know for sure there are going to be people in here that will hate it, but I didn't.  Can't wait to see it again, actually.

ice grillin you

it - kind of two different movies...one great and one terrible....half of it was an awesome coming of age tale in the mold of a stand by me...the kids are hilariously awesome in this thing...really funny 80's centric humor and excellent writing....the second part of it is the horror part except the horror isnt really horror is some fantasy sci fi bullshtein...the opening scene is pretty great but the rest is just off the rails idiocy

5/10

the mountain between us - razzie level bad...stringer and winslet make it semi watchable but holy crap the material is just awful....preposterously unreal with lifetime movie level dialogue

2/10

btw i finally got that movie pass johnson and it is amazing...i dont know how long its gonna last as it definitely seems too good to be true but if you ever go to the nmovies you need to get one

Eagles_Legendz

Blade Runner was excellent.  My favorite movie this year.

smeags

pre-ordered tickets for thor.

stayed tuned.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

happy death day - half groundhog day half scream....two of my favorite movies ever mixed in with an awesome snowflakey afterschool special message...so good...also i dont know who she is but the lead here is amazing and is a spitting image better looking blake lively...she got a huge future...go see this before it leaves theaters

9/10

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

buzzfeed has a story about spacey forcing himself on a 14 year old when he was 25, back in the 80s

everyone has known for forever that spacey was gay and into youngins. how far his predatory behavior goes is something that will of course come out now.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Damn I'd never heard that he was into young kids

Jeez