Training Camp Report For 04 August

Started by PhillyPhreak54, August 04, 2005, 08:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEST is GOD

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 06, 2005, 05:56:28 PM
Sal Pal gets TO put on the front page of ESPN.com

I hate this guy already.

QuoteNow, during practice, players do not come up to him and volunteer conversation. He walks on and off the field by himself, staring straight ahead, ignoring fans and cameras. Last year, he roomed with McNabb. This year, he's rooming alone.

Ignoring FANS? He's been playing to the fans the whole time from MANY national articles and local ones as well (and actual fan reports). Wtf is this guys' problem?

Did you call into WIP earlier today? I heard a girl bring up the exact same thing basically.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 06, 2005, 05:56:28 PM
Sal Pal gets TO put on the front page of ESPN.com

I hate this guy already.

QuoteNow, during practice, players do not come up to him and volunteer conversation. He walks on and off the field by himself, staring straight ahead, ignoring fans and cameras. Last year, he roomed with McNabb. This year, he's rooming alone.

Ignoring FANS? He's been playing to the fans the whole time from MANY national articles and local ones as well (and actual fan reports). Wtf is this guys' problem?

TO is rooming with Moats and someone else. He hasn't ignored the fans either nor has he ignored teammates.

Check this out, on Wednesday when TO was playing up to the fans ESPN was right in front of me and I was right in front of TO when he raised his arms to get the crowd hyped.

Sal Pal was NOWHERE to be seen. There was a camera guy and a boom mic guy...no Sal Pal. I bet that HACK is sitting in a trailer in the AC somewhere and not out on the fields at all.

Spads even said he thought Sal Pal was gone too because he hadn't seen him around the media at all on Thursday. But Sal Pal was reporting from camp on Thursday night...

The guy is not doing his job.

PhillyPhreak54

ESPN's lead for SC this morning?

"Why TO's contract dispute is going to disrupt the team".

:-D :-D

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 07, 2005, 10:35:58 AM
ESPN's lead for SC this morning?

"Why TO's contract dispute is going to disrupt the team".

:-D :-D

You mean, the guy who is practicing today? The guy who is out there busting his ass with his teammates (except for 2 hold outs that apparently don't exist in the eyes of the national media)? Wow...some distraction that is.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

How about...

"How the loss of Plaxico and the CONTINUED holdout and contract dispute of Hines Ward is going to affect the Pittsburgh Steelers"?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

General_Failure

Bettis and Duce are both dinged up, too.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyGirl

Well, the past 2 days, the top story on both ESPN.com's front page and NFL page has been TO not practicing. So, he practices today and the top story on ESPN.com's NFL section? TO still misses practice...from yesterday. Funny how that doesn't get updated when he is there.  ::)

General_Failure

The top story should be how deep Ike Reese got his finger up his nose in Japan.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Munson

Aha I saw that...I'm pretty sure he was doin it on purpose, he knew the camera was on him and all the guys around him were bangin up.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

Quote from: SimonPinkston9087 on August 07, 2005, 03:19:25 PM
Aha I saw that...I'm pretty sure he was doin it on purpose, he knew the camera was on him and all the guys around him were bangin up.

Would have preferred the old dig the ear and look at the finger routine myself.

I am getting so sick of the media this off/pre-season.  I listened to two clowns on ESPN Radio yesterday and all they did was bash team after team and all their problems.  My god was it sickening.  I think they ended up picking the Vienna Boys Choir as their Super Bowl sleeper.  Bunch of gadoots. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eaglez

TO sells papers, gets hits on websites, and makes for interesting TV. Any controversy surrounding him is going to be spinned and stretched in order to sound juicy and appealing. Thats what you expect from the media now.

The media doesn't report the news. They do a little fabrication to put a spin on things to help circulation. Not to mention the Eagles have been on the top of the league for as long if not longer than the Patriots and they are waiting for this 'empire' to collapse so they could be the first to report.

All the details are useless. It only shows that their isn't trouble in TC besides the two holdouts. TO has not be a problem in camp, no matter how bad the media wants to spin it. Yeah well. Diversify your sources and always be skeptical of what the media spoon feeds you.